Split Personality Sukhoi

scvrobeson

Well, so far so good on the Russian GB......looks like we are still in the lead by 5.........woops make that 6 votes now. :D.

Actually, to tell you the truth, Ill be starting my monster either way, From Russian with Love or not. I got the Pitz cans coming from Germany and am still going to attempt completion by Aug 3. Scary! :doh:

Looks good so far.........SU-30 IP is same color different config. :D :popcorn:

Cheers,

Brian

Well, so far so good on the Russian GB......looks like we are still in the lead by 5.........woops make that 6 votes now. :D.

Actually, to tell you the truth, Ill be starting my monster either way, From Russian with Love or not. I got the Pitz cans coming from Germany and am still going to attempt completion by Aug 3. Scary! :doh:

Looks good so far.........SU-30 IP is same color different config. :D :popcorn:

Cheers,

Brian

Oh, you ordered the Pitz model parts? Wow, those things look amazing on the website, but they're way too expensive for my tastes sadly, but they look awesome detail-wise. You'll have to show all of us how they go together. I think I'm probably going to just use the kit burners and sand off the big rivets, and just weather them to hide any lack of detail. I think the Aires parts are a bit out of my budget. The wheel wells are enough of a stretch, but I think they're needed for the Flanker.

Hey guys. No pictures, but just a quick update, and also a big CONGRATS! to Harv for joining in and starting one of these babies. But I did finally break down and install the self-adhesive sidewalls over my own painted ones. It was a really tough decision, but I just couldn't beat the detail of the Eduard stuff, and the color matching looks better between the IP and the sidewalls. Once it's oil washed and flat coated though, it should all blend together nicely. Hope everyone's enjoying it, I'm heading up to Stockton tomorrow for the contest, maybe I'll see a couple of you up there.

How can I find you? I might just show up.....Harv

Were you there? Sorry, was already on my way up there by the time you had posted. I brought the Ju-88 along that can be found on here, sorry I didn't know who you were, or I would have looked for you.

No, I missed out. Had to many things to do.Really sorry to the show and you. If you hear of anything else comming up in the valley, please let me know,OK?.Got the rest of my Zacto stuff ordered. Should be here by the weekend....Harv :closedeyes:

It's cool man. The show wasn't really anything that special, and it was shared by the swap meet and lowrider car show.... so that made things kind of interesting. The turnout was okay, 1/48 and 1/32 props had the biggest competition.

I'll check on anything else in the valley, all I can think of right now if Yuba City in July, and the Hobbytown here in Fresno is having a little contest next Saturday, to celebrate their new store opening.

Good to see you got everything ordered, I should really just go ahead and order those wheelbays before the new Revell Arado 196 I bought on Sunday distracts me from the big Flanker

Hey there. Actually a quick mini-update this time. I've been home sick for the last couple of days, but have been sidelined to the couch, but escaped to the model room for about 5 minutes today, and got the sidewalls installed. I broke down and used the Eduard parts, it does look better, and have better detail than the parts I painted on, but it was kind of sad to see my hand-painted stuff go.

Su-27UB035.jpg

Here's the right pilot's sidewall, with some great Eduard detailing and stenciling. Much better than I could have managed with a paintbrush, especially since most of the detail wasn't even molded on.

Su-27UB036.jpg

And the right sidewall of the backseat. Still great, and the self-adhesive stuff just can't be beaten for ease of use. Just cut it off the sheet, bend the sidewall to the right angle, place it in position, then press down with a finger, and it's perfectly held in place. No need for extra glue, no nothing.

Su-27UB038.jpg

Here's the left side console for the pilot

Su-27UB037.jpg

And our backseat left console. All came out pretty well, and now the color matches the IPs much closer than the RLM 76 did originally. But you won't be able to see much one it's installed, sadly.

That's all for this update. I still need to gloss-coat the whole cockpit, then do some oil-washing and chipping, to bring a bit more life into the cockpit. Weathering will of course be heavier on the right side, to represent the in-service bird.

And for all interested, I have changed the scheme on the left side from Russian Knights over the Russian Falcons airshow team, which means I won't have to do the big sunburst on the tail, and can do a normal camo scheme on the back half of the plane.

And over the weekend, I also picked up the brand new Revell Ar-196. So if anyone wants to see a build thread of that one pop up, feel free to let me know, and I can probably get working on that one too. :speak_cool:

Looking good!!.Sick, huh? Glad I didn't run into you Sunday! :evil_laugh: I'm itching to start mine, but need to get some more done on the P-38 and F-4.....Harv :speak_cool:

Oh, it's cool. I don't really have an immune system, so me being sick isn't really a rarity. I was just reading your F-4 build earlier today, it sure looks good. :speak_cool: Hopefully we'll get the GB soon, then can really get started on the Flankers. Only problem is, pretty much everywhere online is sold out of the Flanker wheel bays, so I'm not sure where I'm going to have to look to find them now.

UMM-USA has them, but don't know if in stock or not. Never ordered from them before.I am on the list for Sprue Bro, to be notified when there back in stock. Keep posting, please....harv :rolleyes:

I will, trust me. Can't bail on this thread and build now that I've started. I had them in my cart from Sprue Brothers, then went up to Stockton, and by the time I had gotten home, they had been bought by someone else. I thought it might have been you that had gotten them, but I'll go put my name on their list to be notified. I try and order as much as I can through Sprue Brothers, they really are top-notch for service and pricing.

I agree, top notch. Funny, I had them in my cart and thought you had bought them!! :wicked: ............ :beer:

Haha, wow, that's creepy. I guess some random person snuck in and snaked it from the both of us. It's okay, I'm on the list now, and will just wait for more to come in, or Lucky Model should get more of them in soon.

Naw, probably not, as I got mine in some time last week or the week before............I guess it depends on when you ordered them. I DID get mine from SB :wicked:.

Got the Pitz cans in.........whew.............gonna be a whole kit in itself. :unsure:

Brian