Wingscale Announcement

Guest WINGSCALE (Martin)

Guest WINGSCALE (Martin)

Hello fellow modellers,

Ohhhh, the Wingscale situation created some discussions again.

Which I understand fully.

But I would appreciate following:

•  
  • Do not make it a "chinese" discussion, it could have happened everywhere !
  • Please buy the B-25, that is the best support on my work you can give me.
  • Let we go back talking about plastic modelleing again, that is much more enjoyable to do.
  • I manage, I will come out of all this stronger then I have been ever before, trust me !

Have all a good weekend,

Martin

Guest Rigor

wow, Martin sorry for the new's i will still buy the kit, and the best of luck to you

iam shore you will have great thing,s happend in the future ;)

Marco The group build is an Excellent idea! :speak_cool:

Martin's work and his strong and positive attitude has earned our RESPECT and this could be the best way how to express that.

Martin,I am very sorry to hear about this business betrayal.Stay strong.

Regards

Martin

Martin,if you didnt exist somebody should invent you!!!

You are a MAN!!!For what is worth YOU show the cinese how a MAN behaviour should be!!!

So following your adress IF and WHEN the B 25 is out i'll buy and dedicate to YOU!!(what about a B 25 group build dedicate to the Martin "style"??)

in the meanwhile i'll go for a P61B as well!!What a Plane!!!BTW what about a B 24 Liberator??

MArco

As I have been discovered during January, they choose to take another partner onboard.

Therefore placing me in a position I do not like and do not deserve to be in.

About the B-25, B-17 and Meteor, I am not participating in these unfinished projects anymore.

So I can not quarantee what you will getting regarding quality.

And when, how or what so ever.

Personally I can only say, you will do me a big favour by just continue buying it, preferable from the selected retailers.

Please buy the B-25, that is the best support on my work you can give me.

I manage, I will come out of all this stronger then I have been ever before, trust me !

Hi Martin,

I am a little confused about the circustances.

I don't mean to pry, but will you be receiving any payment for the work you have done or the kits that will be sold?

I was considering buying the B-25 but decided against it a few weeks ago (since I never have time to build anything for myself).

If you will be getting paid for kits sold then I will change my mind and buy one.

I will definitely be buying at least one Black Widow when you release those!!!

P-61 Black Widow sitting beside a YF-23 Black Widow II... How awesome would that be?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear about the B25, B17 and Meteor fiasco. I'd have most probably bought the B25 and certainly the Meteor due to their size and a personal connection with both types, but will only do so now if it's your reputation that's on the line (with distributors etc). Putting aside where the people you were dealing with are from, unfortunately we are only a very small community at LSP, so deciding to buy or not buy is relatively immaterial in the big picture of things. Rather for me the choice I make, and I suspect the same for many others here, is about supporting one of our own.

So, from this perspective based on all their very genuine comments here about you and your work from those who've met you, if your advice is to support the B25 project then I will for you. And, be assured that any future project you are involved in (excepting for really big aircraft like B17/B24 etc), I'll buy a kit regardless of what it is, again in support of you - yes even a P61 :rolleyes: !

Keep up the good work and hang in there, the production of accurate models relies on the input and dedication of people like yourself, just make sure the next group you team up with are more professional in meeting their obligations.

Best wishes and Kind Regards Brent

Wow. Been away from the hobby, but I've been watching this kit with a pre order placed when Sprue Bros. started taking them. I once knew a guy that was involved with the Chinese in making twin cylinder R/C airplane engines. He too did not have all of the legal details on paper and tried to go with a "gentlemens agreement" handshake. He lost over $40K and never saw the first engine produced under his name brand.

Hello Martin,

I have some first hand knowledge about the problems of running a manufacturing company. My father ran a family owned manufacturing business for a number of years. We started with a partner and that fell apart. Partnerships are fraught with danger and problems. Running any business is a risky affair. You get a new product out on the market and take a breath then face the problems of the next product you have to produce for the ever fickle buyers.

It is unfortunate that you have to take on a partner to get a product out. It just makes it so much more difficult. Look at 21st Century and their fine line of airplanes and tanks in various scales. They started out small, expanded with the addition of a merchandising partner and ended up losing everything when the partner pulled the rug out from under them.

I hope you can resume operations with different aircraft models. Perhaps with casting taking place in a different European country? In any event you have all my sympathy, I think I know what feelings you are suffering under at this time.

Please keep your optimistic viewpoint and go on with your ideas for producing a line of model kits.

You have some ready customers here on this site.

All the best,

Stephen

I've been away for the last week so I am just getting caught up with things.

This is disappointing news indeed Martin.

Having read through this entire thread I regrettably must say I've opted to cancel my pre-order with Sprue-Bros for the time being. I will hold off committing until this is all straightened out with the releasing company being announce, the release date being announced and the final price is confirmed.

That is not to say I will not purchase the kit, but it does appear to me that the company planning on releasing this kit needs to come forward very soon with their plans and details. Personally I would like the releasing company to come forward with their name, release date and even some sprue shots of the final kit (of their own) before committing. I trust Martin knows exactly what the modeling commmuntiy was hoping for with this kit, I don't trust this yet to be announced company has the same vision.

Personally for me, it's hard to committee to a $160 purchase when this is not clear.

Again, I am really sorry to hear this has happened to all your efforts Martin.

Ron

Martin

First, I am very sorry For your effort. Carry on, your image is very good among us. You carry our " Faith, Hope ....", everything we are expecting from a model maker. So, we will wait your future products. Be aware of our support.

ONE IDEE, why not produce a B-25C or D. You can then use your present/past research investment. British, free french ...Don't apologize, we are with you as much as you were with us. I will suspend my pre order and wait for your decision.Sorry for my english.

Cordially.

JP Chagnon

Edited by chagnon

Hey Martin, sorry about what happened. I pre-ordered two B-25's and will wait till they come out. My advice Martin is look on the postive side put what happen behind you and hope maybe in the future that you will find a company or a group of people or modeler's that will help back you and you will come out with a P-61 and a B-24D. I would love to see both of them in 1/32 scale. Dan

About the B-25, B-17 and Meteor, I am not participating in these unfinished projects anymore.

Martin Oude Vrielink

CEO

About quality of the decals, instruction leaflet and photo etched parts I do not have information.

I was already out of the picture, before to be able to arrange all that stuff.

Martin

But I would appreciate following:

•  
  • Do not make it a "chinese" discussion, it could have happened everywhere !
  • Please buy the B-25, that is the best support on my work you can give me.
  • Let we go back talking about plastic modelleing again, that is much more enjoyable to do.
  • I manage, I will come out of all this stronger then I have been ever before, trust me !

Have all a good weekend,

Martin

Hi Martin,

I can see what you are meaning - but I think different. Why?

Until mid of march the "unknown" and not even cheap kit was based on you as a "factory" with a name and a face. You could loose a lot if you make promises and the kit doesn't reflects your statements. Now it's a unknown, faceless company far away without a promise or reputation. As you mentioned in the first post to this threat you back out of all about the quality. In your second post here you precise, that important parts can't be evaluated by you. And final you advise to buy - not looking what happens to the pricing or to the more important price-performance ratio. I think you are modeler and know what good decals costs, a well done set of PE-parts too. And a good instruction isn't for free.

I try to cancel my pre-order and wait till there are comments about and I can make a opinion myself. 100€ is for me too much for experiences with unknowns. Sorry for you, I think if the distributors make a belly flopper they remember your name unfortunately. But maybe you think about a distribution like WNW for you next projects.

Best whishes

Christian

Dear fellow plastic modellers, Wingscale friends,

Herewith I like to update you all about the current status of Wingscale.

Because I highly respect all your confidence and trust in Wingscale.

You all are so supportive and enthousiastic about our oncoming releases.

I enjoy every second seeing it happen.

Therefore I personally feel it as appropriate to inform you as following.

As company Wingscale that is more difficulty, because it gives a naked and vulnerable feeling

As you lately maybe have noticed, my response on emails and the discussions in forums is “sluggish”.

To a degree it maybe got annoying to some of you.

Please accept my apologies for this behaviour !

For that slow response there are offcourse some reasons.

Reasons I really regret and I personally do not like either.

Because me as the person Martin, and as a Wingscale trademark, like to communicate on a fast, open and honest way to you all.

Therefore now my decision to publish this on the forums.

I must start at the beginning, a small insight how Wingscale should have been.

Wingscale is a intended cooperation between me (commerce) and a chinese partner (technical).

The legal establishing of Wingscale was in progress, during which time we went ahead with the projects, to avoid delay.

As you all have seen at the first builds of the B-25, we did a damn good job until now !

The rest went into some difficulty though.

As I have been discovered during January, they choose to take another partner onboard.

Therefore placing me in a position I do not like and do not deserve to be in.

Last 3 months I am fully occupied trying to continue communication and seeking a solution how we can proceed in some way.

In the meantime trying to get the projects going too.

As you can imagine, after 3 months this is personally driving me nuts

Reality now shows it just will not succeed.

It is mission impossible.

And there is a time decisions have to be made.

Even when they are not popular for the customers.

Even when the chance is there the reputation of the brand is negative affected by it.

But that is business !!!

Not more, not less !!

I have decided per today to end the cooperation with the chinese partner.

Maybe a cooperation which was never there !!!!

Meaning that the B-25, B-17 and Meteor will be released within their new chinese brand.

NOT by Wingscale.

All our retailers have been informed already about current situation.

With regret, because they all put already so much effort in supporting the Wingscale brand.

All the advertisements, trust, cooperation they did for us.

So please think of that too, give them a big thumbs up !!!!!

They are really great !!!!

But you as modellers, just see it positive.

The B-25 will be coming soon.

Enjoy the build of it.

Make great models from it.

I am proud to have paid some contribution in the realisation of it.

How Wingscale will continue, i will keep you posted about that later.

Thank you for taking the time reading this publication.

I hope I succeeded in telling you clearly about current Wingscale situation.

I will keep you all posted about further progress in the nearby future.

I truly hope that despite this truly “annoying” situation, Wingscale can keep having all your support and trust.

Wingscale will try to repay that support and trust in the nearby future !!

Best regards,

Martin Oude Vrielink

CEO

Martin,

I'm gald to see that you are maintaining the WS website. Helps to remind everyone that you are the reason that these kits are more than a dream. It's a shame you can't just tell the people who backstabbed you where to put it and then have these kits manufactured by another company, preferably one closer to home. But I suppose that would entail all kinds of legal issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I know firsthand what its like to have the rug yanked out from under you, and when you're down, the guy who pulled the rug out kicks you for good measure, just to be spiteful.

It truly is a shame that one's hard work and dedication are tossed aside. Whatever the reasons, the legalities, that's between you and the mystery company. Sadly, there's little honor left in the world anymore, its all about the dollar.

Hang in there Martin - don't give up, and don't let the bastards wear you down.

There's plenty of other projects with similar appeal to the B-25, B-17 and Meteor. You probably have a much better understanding of the process and know what to do - and what NOT to do - to keep the projects yours.

Knowing what I know, I won't be buying a B-25. I can live without it. But I will buy whatever model you produce that has your name on it.

All the best,

Jeff (who probably shouldn't be voicing an opinion)