Mig-21 Lancer A

Vali

Hello,

This is my last creation, MIG 21 Lancer A, Trumpeter 1/32, with a lot of scratches, and a Linden Hill decals, to become a Lancer. Lancer is an upgrade of MIG 21 done in cooperation with Israel, back in 90'th , to be conformed with NATO requirements.

I love a lot this aircraft that still flies on my country's sky.

I hope you'll like it, too!

Vali

Original:

98101.jpg

imagephp.jpg

Scratch:

p1090133.jpg

The finished model:

p1090178.jpg

p1090179e.jpg

p1090180.jpg

p1090181x.jpg

p1090183r.jpg

p1090187s.jpg

Yes Mark,I know this conversion set , but I have started the model before the set was on the market.

more photos...

p1090190e.jpg

p1090191p.jpg

p1090192.jpg

p1090193.jpg

p1090194.jpg

p1090195.jpg

p1090196l.jpg

p1090197.jpg

V from "Victory"

Edited by Vali

Nice work! I like the colour scheme, but I'm curious as to your gloss finish for this model.

Your real pictures suggest a more matt finish on the real thing, not criticising, but if I did a Lancer myself what would you suggest as the most representative type of paint finish that represented the fleet as a whole?

I'm only asking because I do prefer a more matt finish on Migs!

Thanks for sharing, it looks great. :speak_cool:

Nice work! I like the colour scheme, but I'm curious as to your gloss finish for this model.

Your real pictures suggest a more matt finish on the real thing, not criticising, but if I did a Lancer myself what would you suggest as the most representative type of paint finish that represented the fleet as a whole?

I'm only asking because I do prefer a more matt finish on Migs!

Thanks for sharing, it looks great. :speak_cool:

Actually, I think it looks more of a semi-gloss or egg-shell matt, which I think looks more realistic.

Mark

I am glad you decided the pilot figure to show show two instead of just one fingers... ;)

Did the pilot figure come with the kit?

Great beautiful paint job, i like these warm and bright colours! Well done!! :clap2:

Thomas

Thank you, guys, for your kind words! The paint is semi gloss more lightened in photos because of the flash light. When a Lancer is fresh painted, it's shinny, and by the end of its life it looks like a Japan Zero in WW2. Yes, the pilot is part of the kit, a little beat operated by me at his right hand.

New paint Lancer

img4199a.jpg

59124.jpg

Old Lancer

9071z.jpg

Thanks for the extra pictures Vali, this answers my question extremely well!

I think I'll go for the very worn paint scheme, it's nice to see so many options too!! :speak_cool:

Roy.

• 2 weeks later...

Vali,

Another cool subject. I like the fact that have chosen Romanian Lancer instead of another attractive camouflage, there is something special about them. The pilot figure is a great touch, I was thinking around the same lines and wanted to make a pilot with the "face-palm", but so far I did not dare.:)

Thumbs up! :clap2:

Martin