Silver Wings Group Purchase!!!

LSP_Ray

They still have the He-51B (with floats) and I have edited the list to include it. Silver Wings also said that if we have at least 5 He-51 kit orders they can do another run of them, so with 2 so far, we would need 3 more :)

Cheers,

Doug

Edited by DougN

They still have the He-51B (with floats) and I have edited the list to include it. Silver Wings also said that if we have at least 5 He-51 kit orders they can do another run of them, so with 2 so far, we would need 3 more :)

Cheers,

Doug

Thanks Doug. :)

Well, do this if you can, put me down for an He 51 on floats for sure, and if it works out that you get the another 3 orders for the geared version, just put me down for the geared version in stead.

To tell you the truth I have a severe weakness for float planes, so I was originally going to get the float version anyway, the only thing that switched me to the geared version was the fact that the schemes for the float plane version are literally limed to 1, just plain gray with a red band on the vert stab. Seemed a might drab to me, but I do LOVE the version on floats, so if you dont get the extra 3 orders, just put me down for the He 51 on floats. :D

Cheers,

Brian

Doug, I will commit for two Gladiator I/IIs and one Hawker Hart. Shipping to 23608. Please invoice me via PayPal (oldtroll at verizon dot net) if that is acceptable. If not, contact me at that same e-mail address and we can arrange payment by other means.

Just got confirmation of even better pricing for the Group Order! Silver Wings has offered us an additional incentive on the Sea Gladiator, Gladiator I/II and Hart! I have updated the pricing post with the new pricing. Right now, we have 16 orders (17 if we get a total of 5 He51's), so if you've ever considered getting any of these fine kits, now is the time as we only need a few more to get to the best pricing for orders of 25+ kits!

Cheers,

Doug

Edited by DougN

may i ask, is the group buy only open to guys in USA / Canada?

i have read the thread (and probably missed the obvious, of course) but can't work this out

given the kits are made in Europe (i think) will they all be shipped back from USA, or would they come direct from Europe?

i am not wanting "in" at this stage, but rather don't want people to miss out thinking the same thing as i did

cheers

Nick

Nick,

You know you want it, go on, admit it :)

From my post #2: "International shipping via USPS Priority Mail International is not an issue either if any of our non-US members want to participate in the Group Buy. Again, I can get 2 kits in one box if you want to combine an order with some other members near you to save on shipping."

It will cost approximately $30 to $40 US to ship 1 or 2 kits to Europe or Asia. I have just gotten a larger box, and may be able to get 4 kits in one box (still have to try it out), so per-kit shipping would be even better if that works. And yes, they would be in the very large box that SW ships to me, and then I would ship them back again :) So your Group Order kits can potentially do a world tour.

And thanks for mentioning this Nick and giving us the opportunity to clarify :)

Cheers,

Doug

Hello.

I'm interested in a kit, but I find them rather expensive.

Now the question is : are those kit's worth the price asked (on Silver Wings site, with the conversion in Euro, a kit, depending wich one of course, goes between 99 to 112 Euros....).does somebody here have one and tell over the quality and ease of building?

Now, can we organise, for the CEE people on this forum, a Group purchase? I find it a little bit crazy to buy a kit made in Poland Europe, let it send to the US, and then from the US to Belgium Europe.....

So wat does Silver Wings and you guy's think about that possibility?

Thank you for reading, and sorry if it sounds crazy.... :ph34r:

Cheers,

Jamme

Here are a couple of reviews from previous releases:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/Kits/WW2/Silverwings/cr32bis/cr32.php

http://scaleplasticandrail.com/kaboom/index.php/component/content/article/44/678-132-gloster-sea-gladiator

Of course, whether they are worth the money is a personal choice you'll need to make.

Regarding a CEE group purchase, here is what you'll need to do:

1) Find a local/regional retailer/distributor for Silver Wings products.

2) Contact them and convince them to give you a hefty price break if you purchase a large number.

3) Figure out the price for everyone once you factor in getting them shipped to you, etc.

4) Post and then organize the group purchase, and order the required kits from said retailer/distributor

5) You'll need to use your own funds to pay for the kits, and hope that everyone who signed up pays you for the kits.

6) Determine shipping costs to each of the participants, and send them a message and collect payment

7) Once you have collected payment, box them up, create the shipping labels and then off to the post office to send them out

Why am I doing this again??? ;) I would honestly be surprised if you were able to get a better price (even including shipping back to Europe) than is being offered here. :)

Cheers,

Doug

Jamme,

I have the Silver Wings Sea Gladiator kit, and though I have not built it, I have to say that it is very high quality and looks extremely well-made. I think its quality justifies its price.

Because I am impressed with the quality of the Sea Gladiator, I have decided to join in on the group purchase and commit to buying a Hawker Hart kit. So, Doug, please put me down for one Hawker Hart kit. Do I need to email you on this? I just can't pass up this price. Thanks!

Bill M.

Hello.

I'm interested in a kit, but I find them rather expensive.

Now the question is : are those kit's worth the price asked (on Silver Wings site, with the conversion in Euro, a kit, depending wich one of course, goes between 99 to 112 Euros....).does somebody here have one and tell over the quality and ease of building?

Now, can we organise, for the CEE people on this forum, a Group purchase? I find it a little bit crazy to buy a kit made in Poland Europe, let it send to the US, and then from the US to Belgium Europe.....

So wat does Silver Wings and you guy's think about that possibility?

Thank you for reading, and sorry if it sounds crazy.... :ph34r:

Cheers,

Jamme

Thanks all - I'll add all the latest participants to the list, I think we are getting very close to 25 kits now :) Once I get home and add them up, I'll post the total.

Bill, no need to email, I'll send you a PM once we are ready.

Cheers,

Doug

Edited by DougN