1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 Kanonenvogel Conversion......Finally

Scott Negron

Scott, since your in contact with Robert, could you see why he has an issue with Paypal? I would be keen for a set myself... but until he takes an easier method payment, he's just losing more sales. If its the fees for Paypal is the issue, I think most modellers would be happy to wear them.

Absolutely.

If its the fees for Paypal is the issue, I think most modellers would be happy to wear them.

Im one of those for sure. I already have a deal worked out to obtain one of these sets from a generous fellow LSPer, but had that not worked itself out I would have been one of those willing to suck up any PP fees, just for the convenience and not having to send cash. Sending cash long distances across continents somehow seems a tad archaic to me; not to mention risky.

Why are people still working in the past and refuse to get a Paypal account when they are trying to -their sell products? Or even buying...

I wanted to order from barrels from him the other month from my Type VIIc uboat, but same story as above. I looked into it and it was going to cost me an extra $50-70 if did western union or made a international transfer to his account for my order.. Sorry just lost a sale... If he doesn't do this he is just going to keep losing sales.

Scott, since your in contact with Robert, could you see why he has an issue with Paypal? I would be keen for a set myself... but until he takes an easier method payment, he's just losing more sales. If its the fees for Paypal is the issue, I think most modellers would be happy to wear them.

Email him Dave, tell him what it's going to cost you. I've emailed him to tell him that a bank transfer from mine in the UK to one in Germany would cost about 18 Euros. Lucky Model charge 4% per PayPal transaction.

Sending money through the post should have gone out with the octagonal wheel...

I really dont get why almost any business would have reservations about using PP.

I mean does anyone in business think PP would STILL be in business, if it wasn't a safe and reliable way to pay and get payed???

As for any PP fees on the selling end of things, all he would have to do is state up front, that the only way he can legitimately make a profit using PP is to have the buyer except the PP fees.

As Dave pointed out, I almost guarantee, that he would gain more customers due to that than he would loose over it.......and also guaranteed, he would not nearly loose out on as many sales as he is obviously loosing out on at this point not having a PP option at all.

Guest Vulcan32

Hello,

I will send an eMail to Mr. Schatton that he should read this forum and maybe he will find a way to ship his items to the USA. But the fact is that this thread was opened by Scott Negron and not by Mr. Schatton, he never took part in this discussion and he never told that he will sell the conversion in the USA. Scott told us that he will do this conversion and he didn´t manage it, it´s not like moeggo says.

Greetings, Heinz

Sorry Heinz I disagree.

It is very simple and exactly as Moeggo says.

Herr Schatton makes some fantastic products but his commercial practices are killing him.

It is as simple as that.

Discounting the fact that English is not his first language, what he said in his email to Kagemusha was just not true. As someone who does a lot of Euro business in my day job, I can confirm that transferring between Euro / non-Euro accounts through your bank is crushingly expensive and that unless you have Paypal or something equivalent, as a business, you are simply not in the game.

A better website (combined with click and buy functionality) would also be a welcome bonus.

Quite why this seems to be such a big issue I really cannot understand.

Nick Mayhew

Heinz, Mr Schatton will ship to the USA (as post #43) it's just he requires payment in cash, by Western Union, or bank transfer, with both of the latter being expensive especially when compared to PayPal, which also provides security for the buyer in case of loss, sadly Mr Schatton is reluctant to embrace the new, though I'm sure he uses cnc machines and not a lathe powered by a waterwheel... perhaps he keeps his savings in a cookie jar...

If you want the conversion, instead of wasting your time adding to this thread, send Lone Wulf Models an email http://www.lonewulfmodels.co.uk/ordering.php maybe the penny will drop with Mr Schatton when they sell many more conversions than him, but I doubt it.

Guest Vulcan32

Hello,

got an eMail from Mr. Schatton today, he will ship my conversion tomorrow, he will add the bill and his BIC and IBAN to the conv. and I can pay when the parcel arrives. That´s standard within EU countries and there are no additional costs.

Kagemusha, you are not so wrong with the cookie jar, he´s the kind of guy. He´s selling his items on small model shows.

If anyone is interested I will try to buy a couple of the conversions and send it to you. I have a Paypal account. But first I will wait if my example will arrive next week.

Greetings, Heinz

maybe he will find a way to ship his items to the USA.

Its just not USA... I am in New Zealand and I want some other products too.

Scott told us that he will do this conversion and he didn´t manage it, it´s not like moeggo says.

Scott is only the Mater Pattern maker... If he was going to sell it himself, he wouldn't get Mr Schatton to sell it.

Why oh why doesn't he just add 5% for people wanting to pay w PayPal to cover his costs? We can send euros via PayPal from the US so he'd still make what he needs to make...

Or just add 5% to the expected retail price for covering all payment fees (credit cards, PayPal, etc.) like every other retailer does. :shrug:

D

Bingo!!!

Edited by moeggo