Pheon lozenge decals for WNW Albatros

Kagemusha

Aren't the Sopwith tailplanes "early" and "late"? Who did a resin Clerget? It would look good in a Camel also. WNW will eventually release their next batch of kits, I just hope before 12/21/2012.

• 2 weeks later...

Aren't the Sopwith tailplanes "early" and "late"? Who did a resin Clerget? It would look good in a Camel also. WNW will eventually release their next batch of kits, I just hope before 12/21/2012.

Vector makes the Clerget. I had bought mine from Spruce Bros. They also have a LeRhone and an Obetrusal, or however that's spelled. I do plan to get a LeRhone for my HC Early Dr1s for Voss' fokker, since he installed one on his plane. I wonder if he had removed the obetr..., what ever, before installing the LeRhone. He would have had the maintenance team sitting on the tail as he taxied and jumping off when he got to speed. He was shot down because he couldn't overdo the rudder pedals without hitting the cylinders of the rear engine. Hey guys and gals, picture that in your minds. Can you imagine how many gallons of prop wash his crew had to use before each flight?

I am in total agreement here. This attempt to find the exact colors is more than frustrating, it borders on the humorous. With the fading of the colors over time and conditions of storage and the nature of the materials themselves, trying to get the exact colors is fine for the guys who need impossible tasks to make their lives enjoyable or meaningful. Personally, I'll skip that particular bit of fun. I have enough on my plate without that bit of added frustration.

I have a good stock of 1/32 lozenge decals, going back to Americal/Gryphon and I will use them all with a smile on my face. I have kits that come with lozenge decals and I will use them, happily. This is a hobby - I am not climbing Mt. Everest just to enjoy my hobby.

Also, I kind of disagree with Mike who said, "Certainly a contentious subject amongst WWI students, but an on-topic discussion may be in order." I do not feel that we need to continue the discussion of exact colors of WW1 lozenge colors on LSP. There are forums that specialize in WW1 and the aviation of that period. There are a number of people on those sites who have been busily engaged in this research and discussion for years now. How about letting them work it out on their sites?

Here is a link to a good one:

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/wwi-aviation/

Stephen

As far as having lozenge camo on your plate, Do they taste better with Ketchup or syrup?

Vector makes the Clerget. I had bought mine from Spruce Bros. They also have a LeRhone and an Obetrusal, or however that's spelled. I do plan to get a LeRhone for my HC Early Dr1s for Voss' fokker, since he installed one on his plane. I wonder if he had removed the obetr..., what ever, before installing the LeRhone. He would have had the maintenance team sitting on the tail as he taxied and jumping off when he got to speed. He was shot down because he couldn't overdo the rudder pedals without hitting the cylinders of the rear engine. Hey guys and gals, picture that in your minds. Can you imagine how many gallons of prop wash his crew had to use before each flight?

Instead of just blithering on, I should have answered your first question. Yes, when the Sopwith Trip first came out it had the smaller Pup Horizontal stabilizer and elevator. Later they were made larger. Somewhere in my "Library" I have an old copy of 'Wind Sock Magazine" that has either a one or two page article on the subject, where they also list which planes of the famous 'Black flight' had which tails. To keep with this forum, did you know there was a Se 5 in lozenge camo? In the movie, Blue Max' one had been painted up to be used with the other Dehavilland Tiger Moths. I'm actually thinking of making a Dehavilland D.Vll Tiger Moth from my old 'Matchbox kit, although I do know Revell or one of those guys have released it, probably from the same molds. But I have it so I might as well build it. My late dad had taken me to see the movie, so as inaccurate as it is, the movie does hold sentimental value to me. I did like the Phfaltzz D.llla, even if it too was completely covered in Lozenge Camo.

Fred, I have the Windsock Datafile for the Sopwith Tripe, and the Pup, and camel, and ....

The Blue Max has Ursula undressed, and uh... some flying scenes. The Pfalz DIIIA is a beauty of a plane, possibly one of the most elegent to be flown during the war.