Is Photobucket the only way?

FMATAS

What if you don't want to use Photobucket? I have Picassa and Photoshop elements. I have a Nikon D3000 camera and can shot with great resolution. How big of files can I upload?

I don't understand your question. All modern digital cameras produce photos that are too large to be posted at their full size, but Photoshop Elements, Picasa software and some other free programs allow images to be resized to any dimensions one chooses. Free Photobucket and Picasaweb photoserver accounts accomodate photos up to 1024 pixels in maximum dimension and automatically reduce larger uploaded photos to approximately that size. Both websites accept larger photos from members with paid accounts. However, posting photos larger than 1024 pixels in maximum dimension is considered bad manners on most websites (including this one) because it requires viewers without large monitors to scoll the images vertically and/or horizontally.

Charles Metz

However, posting photos larger than 1024 pixels in maximum dimension is considered bad manners on most websites (including this one) because it requires viewers without large monitors to scoll the images vertically and/or horizontally.

Not to mention they can be a heck of a download for someone on a slow connection.

Kev