WE GOT WOOD! Mosquito Madness #3

PhilB

Thanks for the kind words Brian, Mark and Tomek!

I'm trying to get this build finished this week before the schools break up for the Summer Holidays as I'll be a bit busy for 6 weeks!

The folding wings are finished.

Painted the joint interior green then a bit of weathering to detail the brackets and rivets.

Added a couple of wires.

P7183542.jpg

Interestingly in the kit there are a couple of "tubes" on the trailing edge that look like they were molded for a nav light but nothing in the clear sprue.

Added a couple of am lenses

P7183544.jpg

All 8 inches of torpedo attached.

sway braces were made from paper clip wire and the strop from 0.5mm lead wire.

P7183535.jpg

The pe prop blades were too large to fit through the gap on the fin if they actually turned so they were all cut down and re-profiled.

Bare brass which will dull down with time.

P7183533.jpg

Added dipoles from 0.5mm brass rod to the panel underneath the nose and to the top of the canopy.

P7183537.jpg

I've got the main wingfolds painted up just got to add the levers and actuating rods.

Thanks for looking in.

Phil

One of my favorite builds here. Looking good in the home stretch.

Thanks for dropping by Jerry, always great to have nice words from your good self.

Stellar mate...........just stellar............... :popcorn:

Thank you Comrade.

Wingfolds are done.

Conversion instructions show a single link wire however the Datafile drawing shows a few more.

I thought about a connector for the rockets, another for the wing tip nav lights and a petrol pipe from the wingtanks so I added a few more.

P7203545.jpg

This build is complete.

P7203547.jpg

P7203549.jpg

I'm outta here!

P

really beautiful looking plane mate, I love it! No wonder hermann goering was green with envy about mosquitos...fantastic

aha - I knew I wasn't the only person with some of this stuff - I don't recall where I got it from, and at the time it was slated for disintegrating after being exposed to sunlight or some such thing.....never had a problem though & mine is still usable. I wish I knew where to buy more & who manufactured it....

P7083506.jpg

Wow, she's turned out really nice, so much to admire, and you have sunshine! Bill and Ben look impressed too, one can only wonder what they've got to say about it. :hmmm:

Edited by Kagemusha