Anthony in NZ

75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Thanks Chris!  I primed it with Mr Surfacer last night ready for  Archer rivets..... Feels like it is coming together ready to work on the upper wells in the wings where all the plumbing is.

But I have to get back to the stbd nacelle so I don't get tooo far behind and forget how I did stuff as I am making it up as I go LOL

42 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

I think Dave's forgotten to send the rocket rails again LOL. Looking good!

Thanks mate!  LOL we may need to send the 'Boys' around! :fight:

Heh

Posted (edited)

Setting up the correct location (this isnt the correct location, just placed in the gap for test fitting etc)for the oil tank and made new lower tank mounts and added some Eduard etch.

IMG_1041_zpsbheb4bgp.jpg

Progress is painfully slow I know....

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Hey Anthony 

Just went through your build of the Airfix 1/24 Mosquito. Let me just say WOW! fantastic work. You mentioned you would like some better detailed. 303 machine guns, try this guy on Shapways - 1/24 Browning 303 MkII RAF Set001 by HOLDEN8702. They are 3D printed, they look good. I'm thinking about getting a set for my Mossie.

Do you have any pictures of the port and starboard interior cockpit walls. Ones that show the placement of the reinforcement circular plates for attaching all the fittings to the inside walls. I found another build of one by ajaycad on here, LSP, but I'm not sure that it's correct, plus he only shows one side. If you have pictures that show this better I would greatly appreciate it. Also he used 3mm dia circles, is this correct? Also what thickness should i use?

Thanks Ron G 

Hey Anthony 

I almost forgot could you also post a couple of pictures of the Paragon exhausts for this ki. Im think about modifying the kit parts and want something to go by. I would really like a set of Neils (Paragon) exhausts but I think that would be near impossible, plus I'm retired and on a fixed budget...lol:D

Ron G 

Edited by RonGUSA

On 9/3/2019 at 4:41 PM, shark64 said:

BK?

LOL, I was looking at my shelf of doom and thought....."I really should finish that, Oliver would be happy about that too!"

I seriously must get onto finishing off the wiring in the nose so I can close up the fuse 

12 hours ago, RonGUSA said:

Hey Anthony 

Just went through your build of the Airfix 1/24 Mosquito. Let me just say WOW! fantastic work. You mentioned you would like some better detailed. 303 machine guns, try this guy on Shapways - 1/24 Browning 303 MkII RAF Set001 by HOLDEN8702. They are 3D printed, they look good. I'm thinking about getting a set for my Mossie.

Do you have any pictures of the port and starboard interior cockpit walls. Ones that show the placement of the reinforcement circular plates for attaching all the fittings to the inside walls. I found another build of one by ajaycad on here, LSP, but I'm not sure that it's correct, plus he only shows one side. If you have pictures that show this better I would greatly appreciate it. Also he used 3mm dia circles, is this correct? Also what thickness should i use?

Thanks Ron G 

Ok Ron, I will see what I can sort out.  Also hold off, there is a superdetailed Mossie nose gun bay coming for this kit.  It's pretty awesome and extensively researched.

Dave is really a master with the detail he has put on his kit, go with his measurements.  I would have to look through my drawings (I have about 7000) to see if I can find a location diagram of those mounting ferrules.  But in all honesty.  I would locate the throttle box and other items in the cockpit then work off them as references for all the others.  That's what I am doing.

11 hours ago, RonGUSA said:

Hey Anthony 

I almost forgot could you also post a couple of pictures of the Paragon exhausts for this ki. Im think about modifying the kit parts and want something to go by. I would really like a set of Neils (Paragon) exhausts but I think that would be near impossible, plus I'm ret3and on a fixed budget...lol:D

Ron G 

I'll take some photos tomorrow, I might even have a spare pair of shrouds...

Thanks for your feedback on this build, its been a long road...

Cheers Anthony