75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Anthony in NZ

Hey Mark, welcome aboard mate! You will find the LSP guys a great bunch and plenty of knowledge about for any project you embark on! Thanks for the compliment.

Harrison, thanks mate. I will update later today as I have finished putting the Archer rivets around the base of the spinner.

Cheers

Anthony

Quick photo of before and after spinners...

airmos%20002_zpsx67admke.jpg

Black dots are the Archer rivets. To me it looks like HK copied many aspects of the Airfix kit. The blunt leading edge and blunt spinners with no backplate. As someone mentioned on the forum, the spinners are an easy fix if you can get hold of the spare Tamiya ones and perhaps doing what I did here with the leading edge fix could be done on the HK kit, just trying to help with suggestions to those with the kit.

Off to be sealed with Mr Surfacer and then off to get cast, I cant face making another one!

Cheers guys

Thanks Peter and Richard.

Richard as far as having these parts commercially available, there is a very well known resin producer who knows Mosquitoes very well keen to do them along with a request for a few other bits. So I guess if he is happy to add them to his line when he sees them that will be great. That is of course they are up to his very high std. If not, well I dont know, maybe someone else might want to take them on??

I have sprayed a super fine layer of Mr Surfacer on the spinners and I am really pleased with them. However I am going to 'tweak' the tip a touch before I post them out on Monday

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

After some more spinner tweaking I taped things together to get a feel for how it all looks....

airmos%20010_zps6phwxdhm.jpg

I am happy with how it all looks, I think it captures the 'feel' of the aeroplane so far. Hope you guys think so too.

Well I will box up the spinner and courier it on Monday to Kerry

Cheers for looking in

Anthony

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Leo, I don't have the HK kit only the Tamiya one. But I am pretty sure if you check out the build comparison being done by Carl you will find the 100gal ones come with the HK kit and the Tamiya has the 50gal ones.

Cheers

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!  I really appreciate the encouragement.

Starfighter, that Viking of yours really blows my mind, that is modelling at its finest and inspires me to push the boundaries.

Loic same with you mate, that Mirage is a stunner!

I should have another update in a few days, I have been crook with the flu so havent felt like modelling.  Every time I picked it up I just made a mess so left it alone.  My head has been clearer the past few days and I am battling away with this lower tropical carb intake.  If it is to be used by others I need to find a way to make it more of a 'drop fit'.  I have come up with an idea and have reworked the intake.  I glued it on to one nacelle side last night and I think the concept will work. I just want to flick some MrS over it and see how it looks before I post pics.

I think I am REALLY going to have to add photoetch fasteners around the cowl, to me the Cammett ones are just too short....can anyone help????

Cheers

Anthony 

Great work Anthony! Question, do the external fuel tanks come in the HK kit? I will probably hold out for the later version, but I really want to do the USAAF photo recon bird with the red/orange tail!

Leo

The HK kit has the 100 gallon tanks as Anthony mentioned. I've sent my set to Harold so that he can use them as a pattern for those who have the Tamiya kit and want to hang the bigger tanks on it.

Carl

Righto, I think I have sorted this carb intake out, in case it goes into production I want it to be a fairly simple drop fit.

First spray of MrS last night and all looks pretty good I think...

Gah....cant get photobucket to wok, will try again soon, sorry chaps and chapesses