75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Anthony in NZ

Thats a great score with the original fabric.

I've had a similar idea with a piece of wreckage from a RAF 66 squadron Sabre F.4 that crashed in the Peak District not far from where I live. Want to build one as XD707 and put it on a section of wing from the actual a/c but try as I might, cannot get a large scale slatted wing Sabre.

LOL thanks Kev! That is great advice but is hard to resist.....feel like a moth to the flame. Seems futile to resist :ninja:

I love the idea of you putting an RAF Sabre on that piece of wreckage MP. I don't know much about Sabre's but it seems surprising you cant get one.  I am sure with your skills you could do a conversion??  I have seen your lovely workmanship!

Cheers

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, getting a way through making these new bomb doors. Few more details and then riveting the 'dished' panel. The biggest challenge is sorting/making the door hinges...

mosq%20002_zpscqyz3bhg.jpg

In the meantime I have been marking up the ailerons to put very very faint stressing on the rivet lines.

Thanks for looking in

Cheers

Anthony

Guest Peterpools

Hi Anthony

Amazing progress, as nothing seems to have escaped your critical eye.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Ok, update time...Sorry Oliver!

Spent the day adding all the little ferrules on the cockpit sidewall.  I had to figure the equipment fit for my bird and put all the appropriate ones in...bit crosseyed now,  I just hope I can remember what equipment glues to what ferrule! 

I have the ferrules for the RP salvo unit behind the throttle quadrant done but need a decent pic of one looks like as we don't have that unit anymore on our Mossie and I haven't seen one 'in the flesh' so to speak. Have Mod notes but that is all.

mos11%20016_zpspclr5w66.jpg

Also the scuttle panel behind the windscreen needs extending to add a Salvo switch and various other items.

mos11%20014_zpsustxwuhn.jpg

So with some trimming and fitting I was happy with the result

mos11%20013_zpse3xgqrq2.jpg

mos11%20011_zpsamcckdt3.jpg

Now on to the stbd side today...

Will post up my ailerons later on that I am reworking.

Thanks for looking

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I remember doing this bit on my Mossie. Both time consuming and mind boggling.

Lucky for me as I'm building a prototype of the Mossie with the bits I want I was not so dependent on getting it 100% right.

Building a 75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build it would definitely be more difficult getting it right.

:goodjob:

One thing I have noticed is the vast number of variations of the Mosquito that took to the air. I have a feeling no two where alike.

Cheers,

Mike

PS: My radiators are built in now, just starting to work on the piping.

Thanks guys

Mike I am looking for an update on your Mosquito to see your radiators and fuel the inspiration!

Peter, thanks mate, I am glad you like her. That is a real compliment coming from you but I wouldn't say museum quality.

Cheers

Anthony