75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Anthony in NZ

On 6/29/2020 at 8:47 AM, GDW said:

This is such a wonderful thread to follow! 

Earlier today, I read the entire post. I was so absorbed taking it in and enjoying the trip, I didn't hit the like or thank you buttons. I just went back through the entire thread and used the like button as I should have previously. Hopefully Anthony, I didn't annoy you with a cluster of repeating notification sounds! 

Looking forward to more. This is LSP at its best. Thanks for sharing your brilliant work here.

Greg

Thanks Greg, glad you enjoyed it, sorry about the photobucket pics, I will eventually replace them with Imageshack ones.

LOL, I saw all your likes come through and figured you were making your way through the whole build thread!  No didn't annoy me at all buddy.  Just hope you got something out of it like I do with other peoples posts.

LSP is a great place for learning, I wouldnt be able to do half what I do or attempt without the ideas and encouragement from the community here.

Cheers Anthony

18 hours ago, turbo said:

That nose assembly looks fantastic Anthony, very convincing detail!

Thanks buddy!

11 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Whoa, DUDE!

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark :D

Although I think the hard part is yet to come with the cockpit!

Thanks everyone.  Planning continues along with a few more surprises of detail sets/parts.....

Cheers Anthony

12 hours ago, seiran01 said:

I’m not sure if I’m misreading the posts above but the Mossie conversions all appear available on Alley Cat’s website including the mk.XII/XIII and a mk.vi with the thimble radome

https://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/alleycat-aircraft-sets-124-scale-331-c.asp

Thanks gents, but those sets are all 1/24th scale. I'm needing sets for the 1/32nd Tamiya Mozzie.......:(

23 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Hmm, must be out of production,  They used to do these

LmR6rY.jpg

m8aNPX.jpg

A 488 Mossie would be awesome.  Maybe a forum member has one of these sets for sale??

Edit: just found they did a XII/XIII as well

Cheers Anthony

Thanks Anthony, saw those on their website, but they're 1/24th, the one I want to do is 1/32nd, nothing available on that front...
Nothing like some scratch-building ;)

1 hour ago, IainM said:

Thanks Anthony, saw those on their website, but they're 1/24th, the one I want to do is 1/32nd, nothing available on that front...
Nothing like some scratch-building ;)

Aaaah oh sorry.....my bad.

Yup, looks like some scratchbuilding.  But I have seen your skills and that wont be a problem :goodjob:

On 7/3/2020 at 8:28 AM, Thunnus said:

Truly sublime work with that nose assembly.  The neatness of finish really adds a sense of authority and authenticity!

Thanks John, appreciate that as I have learnt a lot watching your builds......Your neatness of photoetch assy and painting skills are much to be admired.  Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm going to have to work hard to maintain this standard with the rest of the kit now LOL

• 4 months later...

Hi Anthony, just been going through your build. Looks sublime. You know when you said in your reply to my recent post on the Tse-Tse that there were a few tweaks to make the model better! Well I am blown away by your attention to detail and your workmanship. I only hope I do justice to the Molins, but your standard is a hard act to follow.

Regards

Tanker 12B

8 hours ago, Tanker12B said:

Hi Anthony, just been going through your build. Looks sublime. You know when you said in your reply to my recent post on the Tse-Tse that there were a few tweaks to make the model better! Well I am blown away by your attention to detail and your workmanship. I only hope I do justice to the Molins, but your standard is a hard act to follow.

Regards

Tanker 12B

Well you are way too kind!  Thank you

I am sure you will do an awesome job and I am here to lend a helping hand for you when needed

Cheers

Anthony

1 hour ago, AlbertD said:

How on earth did I miss this amazing build. I just skimmed a few pages but will go through it in detail later. 

I hope you like it so far Al, this is my favorite plane and build.  The Brit Phantom is giving me a breather and sorting new 3D printed parts out.  I plan on finishing off the Phantom before I come back to this.  The support on my Phantom build has overwhelmed me and I feel a real need to see it through to the end...although I am gagging to get back to this!

Thanks for dropping in

Anthony

• 10 months later...
6 hours ago, Napier said:

Hi Anthony have you done anymore to the Mosquito???

No unfortunately I’ve been busy on the Brit Phantom. But I look at it every day thinking I must finish this Phantom so I can get back to it! 

5 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

x2

Inquiring%20Minds%20whte%20lab%20with%20

fire away and I’ll see if I can answer them!

2 hours ago, Greg W said:

Man, this is such a incredibly good build, nice to see it again!

Oh Greg, I’m trying to be really good and stick with this Brit Phantom and not go back to this kit. I stopped work on the Phantom but left the build in a good head space. So it’s tricky not putting the Phantom on the SOD lol

Cheers Anthony