75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Anthony in NZ

9 hours ago, CJP said:

Awesome modelling Anthony - you are setting a standard that I will never be able to attain

Thanks. Of course you can mate, it's nothing difficult....just time!

5 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

Like a Swiss watch, love it!

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck!  Enjoying your Tempest cockpit detailing work at the moment too....beautiful!

2 hours ago, airscale said:

those quite literally look like real parts on a hangar floor..

brilliantly convincing!

Peter

Well Peter, that's very kind.....I wish I did have a real one sitting on my hangar floor LOL!

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Don't they just!

Iain

Thank you sir!

Thanks for all your feedback, means a great deal whilst I plan the next stage of the build.  Kits this scale (and up) seem to need a lot more planning and work to look convincing and not toy-like.  Seems like maybe I am on the right track... thanks chaps, I really have to think about the cockpit now really.

Cheers Anthony

This is such a wonderful thread to follow! 

Earlier today, I read the entire post. I was so absorbed taking it in and enjoying the trip, I didn't hit the like or thank you buttons. I just went back through the entire thread and used the like button as I should have previously. Hopefully Anthony, I didn't annoy you with a cluster of repeating notification sounds! 

Looking forward to more. This is LSP at its best. Thanks for sharing your brilliant work here.

Greg

Edited by GDW

10 hours ago, IainM said:

I.... am.... gobsmacked....
This is phenomenal.
Makes me want to keep my Mozzie in its box forever :lol:

LOL, don't do that mate....

Thanks very much, it's been going on and off for a few years now.  Time to kick it in the guts though and make progress.  Appreciate your feedback!

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

LOL, don't do that mate....

Thanks very much, it's been going on and off for a few years now.  Time to kick it in the guts though and make progress.  Appreciate your feedback!

It'll  have to stay there until I figure out how best to make a thimble nose for the Mk 12/13 or a bullnose for the Mk30 version, want to do it in a N/F version of 488SQN RNZAF. Until then, I'll quite happily watch your mastery at work!!

12 minutes ago, IainM said:

It'll  have to stay there until I figure out how best to make a thimble nose for the Mk 12/13 or a bullnose for the Mk30 version, want to do it in a N/F version of 488SQN RNZAF. Until then, I'll quite happily watch your mastery at work!!

Didn't AlleyCat do those conversions for this kit?  Pretty sure they did....

6 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Didn't AlleyCat do those conversions for this kit?  Pretty sure they did....

Nope. Just looked again, nothing there unfortunately

8 hours ago, IainM said:

Nope. Just looked again, nothing there unfortunately

I’m not sure if I’m misreading the posts above but the Mossie conversions all appear available on Alley Cat’s website including the mk.XII/XIII and a mk.vi with the thimble radome

https://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/alleycat-aircraft-sets-124-scale-331-c.asp