75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Anthony in NZ

Hey Wolf, glad you find something useful with my build...remember I am here to help with refs if you need them.

Big Shout out to HGW!!!  Martin replied to my email and has offered to send me the bits I need!  Thanks so very much Martin , you are a legend and that is fantastic customer services.  I have lots of your sets and will continue to buy from you now, especially since you have such great customer services.  Oh and I know where I went wrong, I tried to peel the clear carrier film off after only 2 1/2 hours in my impatience. 

My advice is to follow Martins instructions as when done properly they look amazing when on the model.

Thanks again HGW.....:clap2:

Edited by Anthony in NZ

5 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Hey Wolf, glad you find something useful with my build...remember I am here to help with refs if you need them.

Anthony, if you have any and are so inclined, I’d love to see a pic or two of the aft bomb bay roof and sides.    A kind gent on Britmodler sent me some great pictures but the more the merrier.   

Keep up the good work!

5 hours ago, John1 said:

Anthony, if you have any and are so inclined, I’d love to see a pic or two of the aft bomb bay roof and sides.    A kind gent on Britmodler sent me some great pictures but the more the merrier.   

Keep up the good work!

No problem at all, PM me your email address and I will send some stuff through

5 hours ago, turbo said:

Lovely detail Anthony! :coolio:

Thank you sir!  That's a real compliment coming from you!

Cheers Anthony

7 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

Really, really great modeling Anthony!  I guess I missed this build because I'm not a big Mosquito fan, but I'll be sure to see this one to the end.  Model on!

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, that means a lot from you with your skills. Really appreciate it

• 4 weeks later...

Ok the nose gun bay is pretty much finished.  

I re-did the screw attachments for the screws around the edge of the allu cap (these screw the cap to the wooden structure and frame inside the edge of the nose) as I felt they were too big the first time I did them, si I filled them with CA and redid them a better size and the correct number. In reality there are more flush head rivets....but lets be honest, they are barely seen looking even in real life so I decided not to add them all for fear it will start looking like it had once been used as a pin cushion.  Balance is the key me thinks.

All of Roberts gun bay is now in and I just have one or 2 tiny additions to add once Air freight is opened up to NZ again.  HGW are kindly sending me the numbers 1 & 4 which I messed up and I am waiting on suitable tiny chains to arrive to complete the suite.  But its pretty much finished until I can sort these items.

All the wiring for the lamp, terminal blocks and suppresser box were scratchbuilt and wired in G45 camera fitted along with ammo feed chutes etc. A couple of pneumatic lines for the firing solenoids need adding, but waiting for suitable chain until I pop these last couple in.  Wolf, notice the 2 wing heads are lock wired together. Looking at photo's though they were done on some airframes and not others...so take your pick.

WCisCW.jpg

Dp7M1F.jpg

sFToLB.jpg

vFJMjs.jpg

Anyway, hope this is interesting to those interested in the Mosquito

Cheers Anthony

37 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Superb, Anthony!

Kev

Thanks Kev, much appreciated!

35 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Boy oh boy, that is looking mighty fine!

Thanks Mike, I will pop your shrink ray gun back to you in the mail this week...thanks for the loan!