75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Anthony in NZ

18 hours ago, CJP said:

More great work from your modelling desk Anthony!

CJP

Thanks Chris, progress has slowed as I am back at work after annual leave, where I got to do a lot.

3 hours ago, williamj said:

Love the support detail in the bays...so finely in scale.:popcorn:

Thanks Bill

Those ribs were trickier than they look.  I brought the Eduard set so I didnt have to make more.  But because I re-oriented the upper u/c support to fix the stance of the model. The cut outs for the struts are all in slightly the wrong position and have to go back to plastic card to finish them off...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Still slogging it out inside the nacelles.  Just working on the rear bulkheads and assoc framing

IMG_1025_zps4iykwivn.jpg

IMG_1024_zpshq1wvnyu.jpg

You can see some of the Eduard set being used here.  I will next add some Archer rivets to this rear bulkhead and sidewall doublers.

Thanks for looking in as always

Cheers Anthony

Thanks Chris!  I primed it with Mr Surfacer last night ready for  Archer rivets..... Feels like it is coming together ready to work on the upper wells in the wings where all the plumbing is.

But I have to get back to the stbd nacelle so I don't get tooo far behind and forget how I did stuff as I am making it up as I go LOL

Setting up the correct location (this isnt the correct location, just placed in the gap for test fitting etc)for the oil tank and made new lower tank mounts and added some Eduard etch.

IMG_1041_zpsbheb4bgp.jpg

Progress is painfully slow I know....

Edited by Anthony in NZ

• 5 months later...

Hey Anthony 

Just went through your build of the Airfix 1/24 Mosquito. Let me just say WOW! fantastic work. You mentioned you would like some better detailed. 303 machine guns, try this guy on Shapways - 1/24 Browning 303 MkII RAF Set001 by HOLDEN8702. They are 3D printed, they look good. I'm thinking about getting a set for my Mossie.

Do you have any pictures of the port and starboard interior cockpit walls. Ones that show the placement of the reinforcement circular plates for attaching all the fittings to the inside walls. I found another build of one by ajaycad on here, LSP, but I'm not sure that it's correct, plus he only shows one side. If you have pictures that show this better I would greatly appreciate it. Also he used 3mm dia circles, is this correct? Also what thickness should i use?

Thanks Ron G