75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Anthony in NZ

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Thanks mate!

Even did something on the Skyhawk today!

Good to hear you are moving on the Skyhawk too - you sure have a full build programme - I have dusted off my A4G and am getting it moving again but I managed to lose the right hand airbrake and had to fabricate a new one that will be modelled in the closed or just cracked open position so no internal detail needed - I don't know  how I manage to lose these things!

CJP

2 hours ago, CJP said:

Good to hear you are moving on the Skyhawk too - you sure have a full build programme - I have dusted off my A4G and am getting it moving again but I managed to lose the right hand airbrake and had to fabricate a new one that will be modelled in the closed or just cracked open position so no internal detail needed - I don't know  how I manage to lose these things!

CJP

LOl, I don't know either mate...I am told by my wife it's because we are men :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Starfighter said:

Stunning progress as usual, Anthony! 

Thanks so much buddy, means a lot coming from you!

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the Mosquito again...

This time I have been working on Paragons beautiful resin undercarriage doors.  In keeping with the rest of the model I have riveted them as well as slightly 'stressed' the skin.

Here is the port nacelle inner door

IMG_0367_zpsorq15vfr.jpg

And here is the outer door just temporary hanging on the Paragon door hinges

IMG_0394_zps6alebohl.jpg

A couple of general shots to see how it all blends in.  I am working on my photography...promise.  Just messing with Depth of Field

IMG_0381_zpshrt4ohoz.jpg

IMG_0376_zpsfspna8md.jpg

IMG_0379_zps6lhfslxa.jpg

All I have to do now is run a couple of strips of Archer rivets inside the doors and add the rubber sealing strip along the bottom inside edge of each door....phew!

Thanks for looking in as always

Cheers Anthony

14 minutes ago, KiwiZac said:

The stressed skins, and the rivets, are beautiful. It looks so good!

Thanks Zac!  How are your projects coming along?

4 minutes ago, williamj said:

All coming together beautifully....can't wait for our next "fix"   ;)

Just marvelous.

Hey Bill, thanks mate.  I am struggling my way through the starboard nacelle.  Nothing had been done so I am struggling a wee bit.  Not with the job itself, but mentally as it feels like I am going back to the start LOL!  This one will have the engine side covers off.  However the engine is a job to think about later!

However thanks for the encouragement I really appreciate it, you really don't know how much.   However just dry fitting the 2 nacelles on looks great and is giving me mental stimulus to keep forging ahead.

Right-O back to the resin carb intake....

Cheers

Anthony

2 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

I can't believe I've never looked at this thread before.  I'm not a big Mosquito fan I guess, but your modeling is incredible!  Excellent, detailed work Anthony.  Love it all.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks so much Chuck, that means a lot coming from you buddy!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, just so you all know I havent been totally idle, I have been busy working on the other engine nacelle.  Most of the stressed skinning, engraving and riveting etc has been done.  I have finished working on the tropical carb intake and now have it grafted to the lower cowl.  

IMG_0905%201_zpsi3ncvrbw.jpg

IMG_0906_zps0uqxhyeq.jpg

Still a reasonable ammount to go, but getting there.  This other (stbd) side will have the engine side cowls off so I need to be more careful how I work with the firewall and lower cowl details.

Thanks for looking in

Anthony