JamesHatch

Phantom reference photos

Hi all,

I thought I would share a few photos of the F-4E Phantom II at Oberschleißheim near Munich. I took these in February last year and thought that GB members might benefit from them.

Could other members post their photos of Phantoms here, but also giving what variant it is so it helps with reference?

Mods: Any chance of a sticky for this?

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03820.jpg

DSC03819.jpg

DSC03818.jpg

DSC03817.jpg

Here's a link to a discussion thread about the Tamiya F-4E that occurred in LSP Discussion a couple of years ago:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=25434

Karl just bumped the original thread, asking if it could be moved here, but I think this link is a reasonable compromise.

Kev

May I suggest if we get several pics here that someone takes on tge project of grouping them for tge walk-around section? Then they would always be available.

These photos are of the F-4C-18-MC that resides at the Mighty 8th Air Force Museum just outside Savannah, GA. on I-95.

Aft "Hot Section" and Exhaust Nozzle

P7300029.jpg

P7300005.jpg

P7300007.jpg

P7300006.jpg

P7300004.jpg

Pitot Tube and Artificial Feel system probe.

P7300008.jpg

P7300009.jpg

An often over looked detail..notice the small drain in the panel just aft and above the wing leading edge. Drain is located on both sides of aircraft in same location.This aircraft was also used for Battle Damage Repair Traing and you can see.

P7300001.jpg

Edited by Barry

More photos of the "Hot Section" of the Museum's F-4C.

P2180172.jpg

P2180162.jpg

Close ups showing "weldings" lines.

P2180161A.jpg

P2180160A.jpg

P2180159.jpg

Fire Wire

P2180167A.jpg

P2180168A.jpg

Barry

Gentlemen,

I took lots of photos of the F-4C 37446 (just 134 jets before the one I'm doing, 37680, on the production line!) and a Blue Angels F-4J in Speyer, Germany today. The internet here at the hotel is horribly slow and most pages time out before loading, so they'll have to wait to get uploaded when I get back mid next week. It's even been difficult to just post this quick message.

I've got lots of other photos of lots of other interesting subjects from Speyer and Sinsheim, including some Mig-21s, Su-22's, Mig-23's and even a Yak-27, in case Trumpeter ever comes out with one.

I'm going to try to drive down to the museum in Dubendorf, Switzerland and photograph some stuff out there. I'm also planning on hitting up Bastogne, and some related museums in that area, but that will mostly be battlefield and armor related things.

Chris

Edited by csavaglio

Alright guys, I got back a couple days ago. I've had a chance to organize the photos of 3 F-4C's. I am trying to submit them as walkarounds for the site.

Tomorrow, I'm going up to Denver to Wings Over the Rockies. They have, among other interesting stuff, an F-4E. I'll try to get some good shots of it as well.

Chris

Gentlemen, the first of what will be four walkarounds of three F-4C and one F-4E have been posted.

My apologies the German weather was typical, so the 2 F-4C's in Speyer, Germany were difficult to photo because of the overcast day and the fact that they are about 10+ feet in the air.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/whatsnew/whatsnew.php

Chris

Could anyone help me out with pictures of the AERO-3B Sidewinder launch rails? I have the Revell F-4F ICE kit here and are going to make it as a pre-ICE F-4F. Thank you! :)