Arado Ar 196 - PE parts from Revell

Wurzacher

i wouldn't buy that tiny PE for that money, but let's see what hannants / luckymodel etc etc sell it for

fyi i rarely buy direct from eduard as their own prices are always much more expensive than their retailers

i wouldn't buy that tiny PE for that money, but let's see what hannants / luckymodel etc etc sell it for

Nor would i do!

fyi i rarely buy direct from eduard as their own prices are always much more expensive than their retailers

Just to make things clearer: this is not Eduard´s offer! There are no corresponding PE parts announced so far from Eduard. The link shows what Revell wants for 1 sheet of coloured PE parts (that are unerringly produced by Eduard).

This has both good and bad aspects.

The bad :angry2: , of course, is the very high price of the PE.

The good :) is that Revell is able to keep the price of their regular kit relatively low. The PE is not used by many of the builders of these kits as for the most part they include the younger modelers (children) and the older guys who just are not interested in highly detailed fine scale modeling. They want a kit that is relatively easy to assemble and paint. Making the ultimate model is simply not on their agenda. Revell historically sells mostly to the general market, which includes many older folks who buy the kits as presents for relatives and their own children. When Revell can keep their prices low, like they are doing in this case, they can make more sales.

If the individual modeler who makes this kit decides he wants a model of a higher degree of detail he can then buy the add-on kit. It is just a shame that the price of the PE is so ridiculously high.

Stephen

I just have seen that Eduard announces a set of PE seatbelts for the Ar 196 to be released in March.

My guess: in 2 - 4 months Eduard will release more PE sets comparable to the ones they do for the Ju 88. I for myself will get granular on the prices in comparison to Revell´s offer for just one sheet...

Thomas

I just have seen that Eduard announces a set of PE seatbelts for the Ar 196 to be released in March.

but 14.50 EUR only for seatbelts...not really a bargain...

And Revell's PE is made by Eduard, so IF they come up with a set, I can't imagine that it will be significant cheaper. Hard times...

Edited by Floggerman

From the builds I've seen thus far the kit doesn't need PE, certainly not in the 'pit.

Couple of replacement gun barrels, maybe some instrument decals - doubt mine will get anything further.

Matt

So far it only needs seatbelts as they are molded on the two seats. Don't know why Revell did that like in the 1970's.

They should have left them off in the first place.

No, it isn´t. The etched sheet from HPH and Revell are different, admittedly slightly. The only thing they have in common in my eye is the producer, someone who makes colour printed etchings in Czech Republic... :whistle:

Thomas

So far it only needs seatbelts as they are molded on the two seats. Don't know why Revell did that like in the 1970's.

They should have left them off in the first place.

It is not possible to suit everybody. This kit is not done for some pro´s or semi-pro´s as we have them here. The newbie will be happy to have them moulded onto the seat and won´t bother to buy any aftermarket belts. The pro probably will buy them and will be able to get rid of the moulded ones, or even replace the whole seat.

Thomas

Are Radu's seat belts suitable for this A/C? The molded on belts shouldn't be a problem, just a careful paint job. Maybe we can put a bug in their ear so they include belted, and un-belted seats? That might not be so bad for this one, maybe less so for bombers.