USMC F-4B

Barry

What's your address and I'll send the bottoms of my kits down. Very nifty technic.

Since I screwed the nose gear strut and debating between doing another one or waiting until I go to W-R show on the 4th and measure a real one I might as well work on something else. Hey I can do the flipper doors! And some other crap too.

What's your address and I'll send the bottoms of my kits down. Very nifty technic.

:rofl: do you think I'm :wacko: don't answer that!

:rofl: do you think I'm :wacko: don't answer that!

Yeah well we're in the same line.

Another wonderful tool you might like is a Micro Scalpel from Micro Mark. Micro Scalpel

I was turned on to this a few months ago and I love the thing.

Back to work on Nose Strut II.

Here is a picture of the cuts I made. I opened up the cuts to accept .010 x .030 styrene strips.

After inserting the strips and gluing them at the upper end of slot I pushed them down and glued them to the lower end of the outer pieces. I then pushed the lower end of the center piece down flush with the outer pieces and glued it to them. Next cut pieces of same strip and laid it on top of center piece to fill the depth.

I hope this is not as confusing as it sounds. I think the picture will clear it up. :blush:

P5220574.jpg

Yeah well we're in the same line.

Another wonderful tool you might like is a Micro Scalpel from Micro Mark. Micro Scalpel

I was turned on to this a few months ago and I love the thing.

Back to work on Nose Strut II.

It is an excellent tool and I use mine often...amazing control when carving much easier than a #11 blade!

Barry

Edited by Barry

Tanks and Planes for the pictures and explaination of the your technique. I'll give it a try after I finish the nose well or before I go to WRB after another failure of the nose strut.

Next time you should spring load the flipper doors. :wow:

Tanks and Planes for the pictures and explaination of the your technique. I'll give it a try after I finish the nose well or before I go to WRB after another failure of the nose strut.

Next time you should spring load the flipper doors. :wow:

A thought :hmmm: No! Though it could be done.

Barry

• 3 weeks later...

This past weekend Barry came over from Savannah to Warner-Robbins Air Base with his Phantom parts. For those of you who are following this thread the photos so far only show a small bit of what he has done so far. Just amazing work and great insight to the process of the putting it together. The wing work is out of this world.

Great work Barry!

And me, well I'm going to try nose gear strut number three.

Thanks Joe but your way too modest; your work is awesome! :thumbsup:

It was great getting to meet you as well as Dave Roof and seeing Ken Friend.

Ken is really enjoying his access to the XP-82.

I told him he's got to help us poor folks and cast us a kit!

I also enjoyed the show very much as there were some really great models there.

Your P-38 looks even better in the flesh!

I can't remember the fellows name but he had the gorgeous F-8 as well as an F-4 and IAF F-15.

Barry

Edited by Barry

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mike,

It has been a while coming but I'll have an update this long holiday weekend.

I believe I've gotten the Leading Edge Flaps resolved to my liking and will be looking for some feedback!

My work week have reverted back to 5/8s' Mon thru Fri taking away my prime modeling day!

I had been working 4/10s' Mon. thru Thur. making Fri. my day to be "home alone" all day with not distractions.

Yes! Joe's "models" are a bit of a distractions but a welcome one; reminds me of a song....

"I'm a Girl Watcher".....the only reason to go to a shopping mall! :coolio:

Barry

Barry,

Glad to know that you've worked out the Leading Edge Flaps problem. I fear it the next time I make one but for now I have to deal with leading edge slats of the S type. Look forward to some pictures. Also would like to see the new intake pieces.

I've been kind of slacking around about building too. Working on getting things ready around the house for football season and just not up to working on models right now. There will be some new things for football coming soon. And the progress on the strut is just slow as I plod along overthinking every little construction step.

I'm gathering up Snow Bunnies for winter!

Well I didn't get as far as I had wanted this weekend but good progress was made so no update for now but coming real soon.

What I did get done was a little time out for some Labor Day weekend R&R with the family and In-Laws and I did installed a new "matching" faucet in the bath for my darling bride.

It’s the little things that keep me out of trouble especially after a purchase like a 2012 Shelby GT 500!

P8280619.jpg

:party0023: