Tornado question

Phartycr0c

Ok for all the Tornado followers, Can anyone tell me why when at rest and powered down with wings extended, the GR4 sits with the wings "all together" yet the F3 sits flaps and slats out. Is this config chosen by design on both ac or is it something that occurs when power is absent from the relevant jacks.

The reason I ask is that iv'e found a couple of photos which tends to display this anomaly. I have ony seen one GR4 at rest with the flaps down.

Hi, I have worked on Tornado GR1 and GR4s for many years on in my past life. Flaps are only left done when work was needed to be done on them or in that area. As the jet came in to the HAS/pan, flaps and slats would be checked then raised before shut down. hope this helps.

Hi, I have worked on Tornado GR1 and GR4s for many years on in my past life. Flaps are only left done when work was needed to be done on them or in that area. As the jet came in to the HAS/pan, flaps and slats would be checked then raised before shut down. hope this helps.

I agree with Simmo. Normally the pilot would taxi into the slot/pan with the slats & flaps deployed and the liney would check for any visable signs of damage to the surfaces and earthing forks. Once checked the liney will signal the pilot to raise the flaps. this is the way we did it on 14 Sqn and XV® Sqn.