1:32 scale 16" gun turret

LSP_K2

Well now, this is the bolted cover for the range finders located aft on the turret sides. (1:35 armless panzer commander stands in for scale reference.) I'll probably redo this, as real deal had a lot more bolts; other than that, I think the proportions are OK, at least close enough for me. The rest of rangefinder will be proportioned from this piece.

xDrKLU.jpg

I see on your bench you have a micro punch/die set...please tell me where I can find one.

Actually, I have both sets Shawn. As far as I recall, I ordered them from Roll Models. I still really need a hex punch set though.

Thought I'd begin the deck; these are the three main sheets glued together with .020x.100 reinforcing strips added on bottom. I'll have to make cut outs in the deck for teak trim that fits around deck fittings.

FctGYk.jpg

I'd suggest if you have a LHS that carries wood ship model accessories then go buy some planking and plank your deck in real wood. :speak_cool:

I thought about using basswood strips, but I'm not real sure yet. I may just scribe and paint it.

Not a lot done this evening, jumping around too much as usual. Here's the mushroom vent with discs added to roughly form basic contour/bevel of roof. Much to do yet. Now's when I really wish I had a handle on the whole 3D printing thing, as I could certainly use that process for many of these deck fittings.

qCpaNy.jpg