Tamiya F-4C

cklooMY

This is the first plane kit I did in large scale. Its Robin Old's plane in Vietnam but I definitely forgot to put in the paint chips though I will add them on at a later date. The cockpit is aftermarket from Blackbox and I can't recall the company that produced the absolutely fine decals.

p1040350.jpg

p1040351.jpg

p1040352.jpg

p1040353.jpg

p1040354.jpg

p1040355.jpg

imga0051.jpg

p1030078.jpg

imga0059.jpg

Guess this was the bird that got me hooked on large scale and ended up with a big pile of stash at home.

Cheers

CK Loo

Edited by cklooMY

My man, building my man's aircraft. I can see why this build got you got hooked on large scale. If I could build and especially finish as well as this I would be hooked too. Beautiful result.

Sincerely,

Mark

Excellent work!

You finish and weathering is very convincing. I can say from having worked this bird you’ve done her a great justice.

Please share with us how you got the “small” lettering on the individual side console control panels. It is fantastic looking and really draws attention to the cockpit.

Awesome!

One thing you might consider when doing your paint “chips”. The boarding ladder should be yellow.

Beautiful Phantom, Robin would be proud!

Barry

Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

Barry,

Boarding ladder in yellow? Will do. As for the white stencils, it was dotted on with a traditional drafting pen 0.1mm ( Rotring or Faber Castell are the only available brands here. Not sure what's available where you are.) Its pretty much old school drafting pen.

Big Matt,

posting pics?

Hey Ck loo, you bet I am posting pics. It's on the Robin Olds Flamingo 01 thread in the wip forum. I would have loved to see some wip on yours.

I thought your stenciling was a pen, or a marmot eyelash brush!

Once again, great job!

Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

Barry,

Boarding ladder in yellow? Will do. As for the white stencils, it was dotted on with a traditional drafting pen 0.1mm ( Rotring or Faber Castell are the only available brands here. Not sure what's available where you are.) Its pretty much old school drafting pen.

Dots, I though I could almost make out lettering and numbers; just provies how effective your technique is. :goodjob:

The ladder also had black "non skid" paint on top of each rung and top platform.

About the same stuff the Navy painted carrier decks with.

Again, Beautiful work! :bow:

Barry

Excellent work!

You finish and weathering is very convincing. I can say from having worked this bird you’ve done her a great justice.

Please share with us how you got the “small” lettering on the individual side console control panels. It is fantastic looking and really draws attention to the cockpit.

Awesome!

One thing you might consider when doing your paint “chips”. The boarding ladder should be yellow.

Beautiful Phantom, Robin would be proud!

Barry

Barry,

Am I understanding correct that you actually worked on 8th TFW F-4's in Viet Nam....and particularly this A/C??

I am about to begin an Old's build soon and have some questions.

I am assuming that the jets from this era were repainted camo over ADC grey. About the chipping ...I read in an article that the paint wore off down to the "Corroguard". What color is that? I am assuming that the worn off areas showed an ADC like grey color under...or was it something different?

Thanks,

Darren McTee