Tamiya's big Spit

Wolf Buddee

Gentlemen, thank you all for your wonderful responses to my on-going build. They are all very much appreciated! It's been a very tough week and a half as I've lost a great friend to a very unexpected heart attack. While I've tried to distract myself with some time at the work bench I've found myself getting quickly frustrated as I try and add additional details and struggle to do so without breaking something off or drop a piece that I'm trying to fit a dozen or more times in a session. I've definitely lost some focus. The funeral was yesterday so hopefully things will start returning to some sense of normality and I'll be back to posting more WIP pics soon. For Ta152H1 and Budman, I'll take some pics of what I use for my washes and try to show how I accomplish them. Just give me a couple of days as there's lots still happening over the next few days.

Again, thank-you all,

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Ta152H1

Wolf,

I'm deeply sorry to hear about that my friend.We'll discuss washes when you'll feel better and feel like doing that!

Best Regards

Lou

Wolf,

First of all, condolences for the untimeily passing of your friend. I've had a few similar experiences, so I can relate to your sorrow.

Second, I just joined this forum an hour ago to express by admiration of your skills as an modeler- and my condolences. I used to think that my modeling was fairly good, but your level of modeling makes me feel like a 12 year kid with a new kit and tube glue. Please keep it up. Your work is an inspiration for us all!

I finally managed to get all the plumbing done on the port side of the Merlin including the check valve and breather line off the top of the intercooler reservoir. The tachometer cable off of the port cylinder head has also been installed. I've attached a couple of photos without the cowl support frame and exhaust pipes in place to show the rat's nest of hoses and cables and one with the cowl frame in place. The large electrical panel attached to the cowl frame hides a lot of the added details. Next will be the stbd side plumbing and the relief valve and breather pipe at the back of the glycol header tank. The last bits will be the oil tank and fittings and finally the air filter/intake assembly. The light at the end of the tunnel is startin' to get brighter! :yahoo: Oh yeah, please disregard the heavy dust build up on the wing root, that'll get a good wipe up!

Cheers,

Wolf

Merlin-13.jpg

Merlin-14.jpg

Merlin-11.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Wolf,

First of all, condolences for the untimeily passing of your friend. I've had a few similar experiences, so I can relate to your sorrow.

Second, I just joined this forum an hour ago to express by admiration of your skills as an modeler- and my condolences. I used to think that my modeling was fairly good, but your level of modeling makes me feel like a 12 year kid with a new kit and tube glue. Please keep it up. Your work is an inspiration for us all!

Thanks Chuck, much appreciated, thanks for the condolences. I'm not sure I'm worthy of the rest of what you said though. There's guys within these hallowed halls that have a great deal more talent than I but that's the best part of being here. Lots of inspiration and lots can be learned from every single contributing member. Oh yeah, Welcome aboard!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee