Tamiya's big Spit

Wolf Buddee

Work is progressing slowly due to the fact I'm having real issues with the plumbing of oil, coolant, and electrical wiring. I'll post some pics that I took a couple of days ago and you'll see what I mean.

As always, thanks Bill!

How is work progressing Wolf?? Dying here. :wacko:

Work is progressing slowly due to the fact I'm having real issues with the plumbing of oil, coolant, and electrical wiring. I'll post some pics that I took a couple of days ago and you'll see what I mean.

As always, thanks Bill!

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Here's where I'm at right now with the big Spit. As I've mentioned on another forum, I'm getting close to involuntary hair loss with this project because I can't seem to find conclusive information on certain parts of the plumbing and wiring for this beast.The last photo is self explanatory and if anyone can help with some answers, it would really be much appreciated!please.gif

Cheers,

Wolf

Engine bearers, firewall, and involuntary hair loss!

Engmount2.jpg

Engmount1.jpg

Engmount3.jpg

Engmount4.jpg

MAN OH MAN!! :party0023:

That's some painting Wolf...neat,tidy,crisp..dont get better.WOW! and the photos..super!

Wish I could help with the plumbing,but there are lots of Spit aficionados here that should be able to.

Edited by williamj

don't know about popcorn - i need a stiff drink after seeing these pics!!! goodjob.gif

i sympathize with the "what's this?" and "where do these go?"

i am having the same issues with my 109 BANGHEAD2.jpg

your work, is however, a league or two above mine i should point out and i will be bookmarking this thread for when i get round to making my Spit, so you had better finish it (here on LSP of course) or else!! fight.gif

very cool work, really it's awesome stuff coolio.gif

great to have you on here Wolf

cheers

Nick

:o Other members - please tell me you also think this is extraordinarily perfect painting and you're not even sure how to start getting paintwork so realistic?

This build is defintely a lesson on detail painting! Even if the plane wasn't plumbed it would be an awesome build! Excellent build Wolf!!!

Wolf very nice work sir and great to see you doing a 1/32 build...if you're in need of reference drop me a line.I have the MkIX/MkXVI book that is everything you would need.Late notice and all but I've been away for a while...cheers

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the kind words! I've been holdin' out on the i/32nd scale stuff but with Wingnut Wings, and Tamiya's big Spitfires I just couldn't resist anymore. As far as the offer of access to good reference material, I'll take anything I can get. There's a lot of stuff you can add to Tamiya's kit and I'm tryin' to do what I can without goin' completely nuts.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Thanks Jeroen, I'm getting closer to figuring things out so hopefully I'll have more pics very soon to show what I've come up with.

Cheers,

Wolf

Amazing work on an amazing kit!

REally really nice and definately a source of inspiration.

Especially after you've figured out the wiring! :evil_laugh:

Cheers,

Jeroen

Edited by LSP_Kevin
Fixed quoting issues