Tamiya's big Spit

Wolf Buddee

Here's my efforts on the cockpit assembly. The IP is the kit item modified to accept Airscale instrument decals. This involved eliminating the use of Tamiya's clear bits as I felt they were too thick and made the instrument dials look like you were looking at them through the bottom of a glass coke bottle. I used Roy Sutherland's detail bits from Barracudacast, primarily the interior detail set and the seat. The seatbelts were from RB productions and like BarracudaCast's resin, highly recommended. I scratch-built the rudder cables and all the plumbing on the sidewalls as shown and the instruments on the center blind flying panel recieved scratch-built instrument bezels made out of fine copper wire. I also used some elements from Eduard's interior detail set, some placards from Waldron Model Products and some home made data stencils as well. I have since closed up the fuselage and attached the wings but to keep from exceeding my bandwidth, I'll post photos of that later.

Cheers,

Wolf

Spitpit5.jpg

Spitpit1.jpg

Spitpit6.jpg

Spitpit7.jpg

Spitpit4.jpg

Spitpit2.jpg

Assembler?? Ya...Sure,why not. Might have fooled some them but not me Wolf. :lol: That is spot on!!

Damn it's good to see you over here. Cheers

ps..That new Camera is workin out eh?

Edited by williamj