Q:. Faded Olive Drab

Big Chudy

Same as above but I use a touch of yellow as too much white can make O/D seem "chalky". Also, Hannants have a faded WWII O/D in their xtracolour range, its X113 I've used it on several builds and it looks the part especially if "misted" over the base O/D shade.

Yep I do that same thing................

I spray on a coat of natural OD, then mix up my base OD with a touch of white (but as David says, not TOO much) and then mist that OD on the horizontal surfaces that would be naturally faded

by the sun.

Brian

Everyone seems to have their preferred mix. Personally I add a couple of drops of a beige or tan to the regular OD, as I personally find that yellow makes it a little bright for a faded look. Or if I feel lazy, I simply pull out my bottle of faded olive drab and use that. I just can't remember if it's Gunze Aqueous or MM enamel.

Another option is to use a different manufacturers OD, as every company seems to get a slightly differenty shade. I find this a really effective way to post-shade.

Everyone seems to have their preferred mix. Personally I add a couple of drops of a beige or tan to the regular OD, as I personally find that yellow makes it a little bright for a faded look.

Same here Kevin, I use a light tan also.

I've read in a few different places that different brands of OD faded very differently. Some turned dark purple, others lightened to a tan color etc.

Cheers