Poll: which kit would you prefer?

LSP_Kevin

146 members have voted

1. 1. What 1/32 kit would you buy if it were released?

• Val (Aichi D3A)
    • Kate (Nakajima B5N)
    • Mid-wing George (Kawanishi N1K1)
    • Hawker Typhoon
    • Yak-3
    • La-5/7

You are correct, sir, and I've edited my previous post to register that rather obvious fact. Glad to see you voted for it also, Kevin.

Regards,

Jason

Cool. The markings options would certainly be many.

Cool. The markings options would certainly be many.

Now how cool would the "razorback" La-5 with the shark's mouth be? In terms of the Tiffie - a great plane, but we need more Soviet aircraft.

Regards,

Jason

La-5_MoscowJPEG.jpg

I picked the Typhoon because it was on the list but I would also like a Tempest to go with it.

While I'm not a great fan of Japanese or Russia aircraft I would like to see the Kate and the La-5 done as I might develop an urge to build one.

I voted for the La-5/7, but ultimately, it would depend on who is releasing the kit.

While "Company X" tends to go a little lighter on the detail, but the overall shape, price and "buildability" is good, "Company Y" gives you more bells and whistles, and in some areas, better detail, albeit at a higher price. "Company Z" can give you all the bells and whistles, but at a price that may be hard to swallow and/or justify.

Just my hard earned $0.02

Guest andrewfl290

Has to be the Tiffie for me although MDC do a very, very nice resin Typhoon for sensible money. None of the others appeal.

Thinking aloud, in 1/32 I would like to see a Defiant (as already mentioned), a Mosquito and I might be able to find shelf space for it, no idea where my Airfix Mossie will go. Tamiya would make a damn fine job but it would surely cost more than the 1/24 Airfix one.

Andrew

I too was torn between the Val & Kate. I'd like both. I wouldn't mind seeing the Yak & La, either. The old Revell Typhoon is fine for me & I'd rather have seen a Tempest listed rather than it. I also have 2 or 3 of the old Revell N1K1 so they'd be fine for me. Most likely, if one of the higher end manufacturers made a new N1K1, its price wouldn't be much better than what I've paid for my old Revell kits on eBay!

Voted for the LA 5/7 ..it's a glorious fighter for the people :clap2: lol. Besides,have the MDC Typhoon and wouldn't want it made moot :blink: .

And lots of great color schemes for the LA 5/7 as well. 2 bits tossed in.