PCM Hawker Hurricane Mk I (Fabric Wing)

DougN

Nice work, Doug!!!

I hope to do that same plane someday; nice info on the T vs. G!

The weathering turned out great. You are going to have to try the figures sometime, they are kind of fun to paint, though I am no great artist at it.

Thanks again everyone, I will try to do a WIP on the next build (currently looking like the Silver Wings CR.32) :)

Nice work Doug. I like the spatter. What exactly is the filter paint weathering technique? Can you point me to a description someplace?

Tim, to put it simply, it consists of applying small dots of various colored oil paint (yellow, blue, green etc.) and then streaking them with a flat brush until they almost disappear. If you do a google search for "dot filter weathering" there are lots of good photos and even videos showing how to do this (most are armour models as I beleive this has been primarily an armour technique in the past) :)

Nice work, Doug!!!

I hope to do that same plane someday; nice info on the T vs. G!

Cheers Ray, I actually referenced your review of this kit to remind me of the panel I needed to delete, etc. when I was building it :)

Edited by DougN

hi Doug

top work, especially with the underside weathering

i also like the research element to the build - those early war birds are somewhat tricky and elusive aren't they?

thanks for sharing

Nick

• 2 months later...