ATTENTION ALL SPITFIRE NUTS - AND TAMIYA SPITFIRE OWNERS

nmayhew

Hi Maxit;

My reply to this thread was certainly not in an official capacity on behalf of Ian Allan/Midland, but as a fellow forum user who just happens to be the buyer at Midland who wanted to answer the concerns of folk who had ordered the book. As I said, I usually like to leave work behind when I leave the office! ;)

I've had an email today from Paul who says that the books are ready to ship now, so they should be with us here in a few weeks. Worry not people, you will get your books!

The only concern I have is why those who have emailed customer services have not received replies. I've passed this on to the boss to look into.

If it helps, I'll keep posting updates as to the status of the book's arrival.

Regards;

Steve

Thanks Steve.

I think you are acting as the only contact between us and IanAllan at the moment! I feel to thank you for this and the LSP Staff for hosting such a topic.

As a newbie, I hope to be able to post soon in other topic in LSP, more involved with modelling.

Regards to all from Italy.

Good news! I've received by mail the receipt of my order at Midland, dated 05 jan, with the confirmation of the total payment, stating the item will follow when back in stock.

Thanks to all ;)

I haven't received any confirmation of my order yet-- probably because I live in the USA. Also, the Ian Allan website still shows me with "no orders". I do have my Paypal receipt showing payment made on January 3rd. I am trusting that everything will turn out right.

Bill M.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered one, along with the excellent Classic volume on the He 177. I got the 177 book and a note on the invoice to say the Spit book order had been recorded.

I think that by the look of Steve's timings posted above, we should see the books in the next couple of weeks.

Matt

Hi all;

The books are on route. Please bear in mind they are coming from Canada and shipments do take time! There has been one delay due to a problem with our shippers. I had an email from Paul Monforton week or so back concerning Activair, our shipping agent in New York. He was having all sorts of difficulties contacting them to accept the delivery from him. Turns out that Activair have gone bust! We therefore had to arrange a new shipper, and are now using OHL in New york. Naturally, this caused a delay of a week or two whilst the administration was sorted out. We use these guys to consolidate our shipments out of North America. Under normal circumstances, these shipments take around 4 to 6 weeks to arrive on our doorstep. I'm hoping this delivery will not take much longer to arrive.

James H...Patience Grasshopper! You will get your book. But please bear in mind that this was initially a ****-up on our part that caught us on the hop. This issue with the shippers has just added to the problem. It will be worth the wait though!

Regards;

Steve

Hi Guys;

Just to let you know that the Spitfire book has just landed in our warehouse today. The girls will be processing all of the orders over the next couple of days and mailing them out. You should all be getting your books very soon.

Hope you all enjoy it...it's a fantastic book!

Regards;

Steve