ATTENTION ALL SPITFIRE NUTS - AND TAMIYA SPITFIRE OWNERS

nmayhew

I have paid.....via Paypal. No book as of yet, or anything in the post.

Likewise... I paid via Paypal when I ordered last Monday. The payment was taken from my bank account and received by "Midland Counties Publishing". From what I read here, it sounds likely I will be getting the book at the advertised price, but I would feel a lot better if their website showed I had a pending order or if I received something from them acknowledging my order. All I have is the Paypal receipt.

Bill M.

I logged into their website and I'm showing as 'having no orders'. This might be because the order is processed and ready to deliver, but with some retailers you can see what stage the order is at, or whether it has indeed shipped (previous orders).

I'll put my faith in the 'system' :rolleyes:

Likewise... I paid via Paypal when I ordered last Monday. The payment was taken from my bank account and received by "Midland Counties Publishing". From what I read here, it sounds likely I will be getting the book at the advertised price, but I would feel a lot better if their website showed I had a pending order or if I received something from them acknowledging my order. All I have is the Paypal receipt.

Bill M.

Hi Bill;

Sorry, the Paypal set up is new to me as it has not long been used at Midland. We have always had a policy that card payments and cheques are not cashed until the book is dispatched. Paypal doesn't seen to give us that option.

Regarding back orders...

Because the accidental price reduction naturally took us by surprise, the remaining stock we had disappeared quite quickly (No surprise there then!)

I have a further 120 copies on order from Paulm, and they should be with us in a few weeks. Everyone that got the book at the £36 price will get their copies. Paul was very pleased to get such a large order, and we won't make a bean out of this, but hey! These things happen.

Anyone who missed the bargain price of £36 should consider buying one at £55...there isn't anyone who sells it cheaper!

The irony of this, is that those of you on the other side of the pond waiting for their copies will be waiting their for book to be shipped to us via our shipping address in New York...just to have it shipped back across the pond again!!

So, to finalise...you will be getting your books guys...I should know, I'm the buyer at Midland!

Regards;

Steve

Hi Bill;

Sorry, the Paypal set up is new to me as it has not long been used at Midland. We have always had a policy that card payments and cheques are not cashed until the book is dispatched. Paypal doesn't seen to give us that option.

Regarding back orders...

Because the accidental price reduction naturally took us by surprise, the remaining stock we had disappeared quite quickly (No surprise there then!)

I have a further 120 copies on order from Paulm, and they should be with us in a few weeks. Everyone that got the book at the £36 price will get their copies. Paul was very pleased to get such a large order, and we won't make a bean out of this, but hey! These things happen.

Anyone who missed the bargain price of £36 should consider buying one at £55...there isn't anyone who sells it cheaper!

The irony of this, is that those of you on the other side of the pond waiting for their copies will be waiting their for book to be shipped to us via our shipping address in New York...just to have it shipped back across the pond again!!

So, to finalise...you will be getting your books guys...I should know, I'm the buyer at Midland!

Regards;

Steve

Cheers Steve,

I can't wait!!! Kudos to you guys for holding to the £36 price while it was advertised as such.

Thanks indeed for honouring the price, I can't wait to see my copy. I'll make sure I buy a few more books from you in the near future, as service like this deserves supporting. No commercial link with Midland, just a soon-to-be happy customer!

Tim Perry

Hi Guys;

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it!

Even though I threw a bit of a fit when I found out about the extra discount, the decent thing to do was to honour that price. It would have done us no favours at all if we had upset so many potential customers. Ok, so we may lose out as far as Paul's book is concerned, but if folks decide to use Midland again, then that's a good thing for us! If we had refused the discount, then we would have had serious egg on our faces and word would have spread pretty quick!

I didn't know whether or not too pitch in on this initially, as I come here to chill and enjoy my favorite hobby not involve work. However, as I could see the concerns of some of the forum members, I had to jump in.

In any of you do have any problems, do drop me a PM and I'll do my best to help out.

Just to reiterate, the books left Paul a few days ago. They get sent to our US shipping agents in New York and are then sent to us in the UK. This usually takes around 2-4 weeks, although this can be quicker sometimes. I'm not sure if it will be possible to get Paul to ship to our friends in the colonies, as our system isn't that flexible I'm afraid. It would be a bit of a logistical pain for many reasons. Rest assured, the books will get to you fine people!

On a final note, in true Victor Kiam style, I liked this book so much..I bought a copy myself when we first got the book in four years ago ( I paid full whack for mine! :rolleyes: )

Whoever buys this fantastic book will not be disappointed. It's a work of art and I truly hope that Paul decides one day to follow it up with another title. I'd like to thank Paul for giving us Spitfire nuts a truly awesome book. ( remember folks, that Paul offers seperate 1/9th and 1/24 Spitfire plans for a reasonable fee. I have the 1/24 Spitfire Mk IX and Mk XVI plans and the are absolutely fantastic!)

Sorry to ramble!!!

Regards;

Steve

@ Steve,

thanks again for the explanation, and regarding your business strategy, i think you got it right there

anyway, a question about JaPo's new book on Me262: will you be getting this book in stock?

can't find it on your website, and yet JaPo list you as UK distributor...i did email (ianallan email addy from the site) but have not had a reply

EagleCals has been touting this book for over a month now, and it seems ridiuclous to order a book from the US if you are in Europe and it is from Europe...oh, and shipping fees are a b*gger too!

bookcover15.jpg

cheers again

Nick

Hi Nick;

Yes! We will be getting the new Japo Me 262 book into stock. Others are ahead of us because we never advertise the book until we actually have it in stock and it has been processed on our system. This is purely because we have been caught out many times by pre-advertising books that fail to appear from the publisher...and this upsets customers! It might mean that we lag behind with the advertising, but it avoids disappointment. I'll check when the book is arriving and let you know as soon as we have it!

Regards;

Steve

PS...I'll see why you didn't get a reply to your initial email as well..

Edited by fightersweep

<sigh> I had this in my cart with several other books, but did not have time to check the whole catalog to complete my order. When I came back again to add more books and purchase, it had gone back to 55pounds :( Well, looking at the positive, at least it saved me from explaining a large book order! ;)

Cheers,

Doug

Edited by DougN

Too bad Doug :mellow: . Steve, that is a fine thing you did, many, many, other publishers/book distributors would not do that :clap2: . No i didn't order one this time, i've already bought one, from you, for £55, at Flying Legends 2009. The book is worth £55, it's a great book for a Spitfire nut like me :wacko:

First of all I've to apologize if this is my first post in LSP, I've been lurked for months and I appreciate very much indeed.

I've put my order last 2nd january, my paypal debited for 36,37 GBP and sent already two messages to IanAllan without any reply. Now I realize that my situation is common to other people around the world and, hopefully, I've found some replies in this topic in LSP that seem to explain what is going to happen.

But till now, I've not received any answer from IanAllan and I wonder whether or not the news from "fightersweep" is to be considered a sort of "ufficial" reply from them to all customers.

I would be trustfull... I believe that the book is worth its value, but I can't say the same, because till now I've already paid for nothing.