Tamiya F-16CJ

cklooMY

This was for a local modelling society Viper Group build with TwoBob decals added. The Tamiya kit was a joy to put together with only a few niggly areas to putty and sand ( especially on the undercarriage areas)

Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

dsc00444.jpg

dsc00445.jpg

dsc00446.jpg

dsc00448.jpg

dsc00452.jpg

dsc00458.jpg

dsc00464.jpg

dsc00461.jpg

dsc00455.jpg

dsc00457.jpg

Happy New Year, everyone...

Bloody outstanding, love that model! Did you fill all of the ejector pin marks on the undercarriage parts? I thought about it for mine, but then counted 'em and decided not to.

Your model is an incredible piece of eye candy!

Nice job on the Viper. Finish is gorgeous.

Just one critique though, and it's pretty minor.......unless the pilot is double jointed, he/she might have a hard time reaching that control stick. I think it was installed backwards.

Other than that one thing, it looks fantastic.

Smithery,

the Eagle eye award goes to you! Had a good laugh on that when some of the guys at the modelling society spotted that too. Had it corrected after the shots were taken. Its one of those times where deadlines were too short before the show starts.

Daywalker,

Yes! I filled in everyone of those darn pin marks. That was one of the frustrating bits of the kit. The other pin marks were actually in places where the sun don't shine like in the engine housing, etc so I actually wasted a lot of time correcting those. I have to say however, this is probably the most sophisticated kit I have built to date in terms of building sequence and design.

cheers

CK

Daywalker,

Yes! I filled in everyone of those darn pin marks. That was one of the frustrating bits of the kit. The other pin marks were actually in places where the sun don't shine like in the engine housing, etc so I actually wasted a lot of time correcting those. I have to say however, this is probably the most sophisticated kit I have built to date in terms of building sequence and design.

cheers

CK

Egads, you really are a glutton for punishment, aren't you LOL! I was thinking about these again last night while painting mine, 15 pin marks alone on a part the size of my pinky finger! Otherwise, a near-perfect kit.

Egads, you really are a glutton for punishment, aren't you LOL! I was thinking about these again last night while painting mine, 15 pin marks alone on a part the size of my pinky finger! Otherwise, a near-perfect kit.

Haha. A bit too much excitement and poor forward planning on my end. The only other major problem with the kit that I remember was the non fitting air intake halfs. Took a bit of CA to get that fixed. I think I still have the ladder to put together with the Tiger Meet scheme.....

I was wondering how this exact scheme with Two Bobs will look like on a finished model, and I must say: GORGEOUS!

I hope you don't mind if I bother you with some PMs for this one. I am planning to start Arctic bird with Two Bobs, and Tamiya CJ kit within a few days, and I could use a little help.

Very nice model! Congrats!!