1/18 Guatemalan P-47 N "El Sulfato"

ChrisS

• 2 months later...

Wings

Here are the wing extensions stubbed in. I've clipped the tips and used donor wings from another 1/18th t-bolt to fashion the 1' wing extension that held the new internal fuel tanks unique to the N model.

Sulfato%252520001.jpg

A close up of the fit at the root.

Sulfato%252520002.jpg

And a shot of the underside mate; this will need a lot of work still to extend the flaps, smooth out the flap bays, as well as block off the inboard gearbay areas from the donor wings.

Sulfato%252520003.jpg

This is all done using Bare Metal Foil: http://www.bare-metal.com/

I just prep the surface as well as I can, then do 1 panel at a time. Compound curves are a challenge so a little practice on test material is advised. If you get into it there are quite a few great foilers on here at LSP, ask for help if you need it, and good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Chris,

Long time no see. Great to see you back and just love what your doing. As always, superb work. These big ole C21 ( whatever you call them...toys?) make for a great starting point. Keep the WIP photos coming, especially now that your foiling. I just love what you're doing.

Best

Geoff

• 1 year later...

...and...DONE!?

Sorry for not posting more updates, real life required being talked off the ledge a few times in the last year :D

Here are some shots...

Overall view

post-1-0-78972900-1412102464_thumb.jpg

Another topside shot

post-1-0-31553200-1412102626_thumb.jpg

Underside

post-1-0-67249300-1412102639_thumb.jpg

Guns and rockets...and 3D printed wheels. I aligned the guns level with the ground as is so on the T-bolt.

post-1-0-28776400-1412102647_thumb.jpg

And on the table at the Tri-CityX contest held by IPMS Fremont Hornets Club in the bay Area this past weekend. No mention or place...but at least she took up most of the darned table! Ernie from G-Factor was there, nice to meet another LSP'er after relocating! Hey Ernie!

post-1-0-13201500-1412102655_thumb.jpg

So, now I build a shipping box using Brian's amazing guide, then off to the commissioner!