ZM´s SWS3 will be... A-1H Skyraider!

Wurzacher

Jim,

Yes I forgot about the 262 and a few others!

Barry and Radu have hit the nail on the head, competition is good for us at the consumer end.

Andy, you could have the deal-breaker there!

If I had to choose between driving 10 mins to my LHS store for one or ordering from abroad then that might be the deciding factor if the prices were the same of course.

Interesting times Gentlemen! :speak_cool:

Phil

That's a bit presumptuous regarding the "nasty inaccuracies" isn't it?

If they have their "A" team on it (1/24 Hurricane series?) then it could be a pleasant surprise.

I thought LSP was the one place where we waited until the kit is a reality before making any constructive criticism.

Price will always be an issue but they will have to be competitive with that if they ever release a Skyraider against ZM's effort.

Phil

I don't know, I've had some bad experiences, the Bearcat jumps to mind immediately. But people have always been criticizing kits before they're released, I remember the big arguments on here about the ZM Ta-152 before the kit was even close to being released. I think the biggest difference between the two kits will be the price, if ZM can do the same as Trumpeter in terms of detail for half of the price, then it will sell better. Trumpeter kits have just gotten way to expensive for me, especially given what's in the box.

Another possible positive is price, Trumpeter put out their 109's at a very competitive price, and maybe ZM will have to take a look at getting a European distributor and making it easier to buy.

That is true. i guess it's just a lot easier and cheaper for me in the US to get the kits than it is in Europe. But we do always have to deal with the big mark-ups on Trumpeter kits from Stevens Intl. So I guess it does balance out, because for everyone Me-109 that comes out at 70 dollars, there's a Mig that comes out for 180 or more.

That is true. i guess it's just a lot easier and cheaper for me in the US to get the kits than it is in Europe. But we do always have to deal with the big mark-ups on Trumpeter kits from Stevens Intl. So I guess it does balance out, because for everyone Me-109 that comes out at 70 dollars, there's a Mig that comes out for 180 or more.

You folks in North America are spoilt, the ZM Ta 152 is the most expensive kit I've bought, everything included postage, tax and kit came to £120, which is US$154.55, the price from ZM USA is $95.00, quite a difference no? If there's not much difference between the Skyraider kits quality-wise, and if I were to buy one I'd prefer it without all the interiors, I guarantee I could get the Trumpeter cheaper, albeit from Hong Kong.

You folks in North America are spoilt, the ZM Ta 152 is the most expensive kit I've bought, everything included postage, tax and kit came to £120, which is US$154.55, the price from ZM USA is $95.00, quite a difference no? If there's not much difference between the Skyraider kits quality-wise, and if I were to buy one I'd prefer it without all the interiors, I guarantee I could get the Trumpeter cheaper, albeit from Hong Kong.

Wow, that is expensive. Didn't know it was so high over in Europe. That's even more than I spent on my He-177 with all the AM goodies from CMK. And from Hong Kong, shipping is usually the killer over here. It can be 30 or 40 dollars to get it shipped, which negates buying it from overseas. But the Skyraider, I could buy from Volks USA for probably around 100 or so?

Wow, that is expensive. Didn't know it was so high over in Europe. That's even more than I spent on my He-177 with all the AM goodies from CMK. And from Hong Kong, shipping is usually the killer over here. It can be 30 or 40 dollars to get it shipped, which negates buying it from overseas. But the Skyraider, I could buy from Volks USA for probably around 100 or so?

I am not bashing any kit I only pointed out the price we here in Europe have to pay for it.

I am not bashing any kit I only pointed out the price we here in Europe have to pay for it.

I know, just didn't know the prices got that high up for you guys over in Europe. I feel special living over here with a distributor, but then again, you guys get lots of model lines over in Europe that are either too expensive or too esoteric to get over here, so it balances out.

I don't know, I've had some bad experiences, the Bearcat jumps to mind immediately. But people have always been criticizing kits before they're released, I remember the big arguments on here about the ZM Ta-152 before the kit was even close to being released. I think the biggest difference between the two kits will be the price, if ZM can do the same as Trumpeter in terms of detail for half of the price, then it will sell better. Trumpeter kits have just gotten way to expensive for me, especially given what's in the box.

Criticising kits before they even exist in ANY shape or form is wrong especially if those criticisms are based solely on the manufacturers name on the box.

Yes we all know that Trumpeter have produced some kits that have issues and in some cases serious ones.

But they have also released some terrific ones, some of which have been mentioned previously on this thread.

To say that it will have serious issues ONLY because it has the Trumpeter name on the box is pretty negative and without facts to back up that assumption.

Because there were notorious arguments regarding previous releases such as the ZM doesn't make it right to continue in such a negative manner just because its been done before.

LSP is the one place where most of us wait for the actual kit to be released, see if it has issues then discuss how those issues can be fixed.

There are terrific people here who will compile lists of fixes for the kit.

The individual can then decide if they wish to build it or not.

IF Trumpeter release a Skyraider it may or may not be good but I think we should judge the kit by whats in the box and not the manufacturer's name on the outside.

Otherwise it just becomes "Trumpy bashing" which is pretty tedious to say the least.

Phil

Edited by PhilB

I will just add this in ZM's defense, and then be done with this thread. They've begun accepting pre-orders, which means their kit is imminent in the not too distant future. The Trumpeter kit is only listed as future, as far as I know. This could very well turn into another Devestator or Intruder problem, while I hope that it doesn't, as two Skyraiders would be awesome, especially if one's Navy and the other's Air Force, even if an A-1E came out.... I just hope they come out soon so we don't have to wait years for a 1/32 A-1

Let's just hope we have two great kits to choose from, ZM were taking pre-orders for the Ta 152 way back in May, with the kits not being shipped until November, so the chances are their Skyraider is hardly due an immanent release, and who knows maybe Trumpeter will pull out the stops to have theirs on the shelves first, which can only be a good thing.