P-51 Mustang decal sets

Eli Raphael

Hi guys,

We are just starting a set(s) for this a/c.

We would like to know which markings you'd like to see that haven't been done before.

We have chosen some, like Shomo, McComas, Creamer's Dream,Freddy Orr and Mahurin.

Now is the time to place in your votes.

Thanks,

I always liked "Blondie" of Don Allen's work for the 334th (red nose) coded QP-U serial 73304. It was flown by Lt. Marvin Arthur. I have a few references if you need them, more are on the web.

Tnarg

How about Freddi Ohr's "Marie" from the 52nd FG-very colorful!! Also, I will make a pitch for John Voll's "American Beauty" from the 31st FG. These are aircraft from the 15th Air Force, which in my opinion, has been poorly served in the 32nd scale decal arena.

Some Pacific Theatre birds such as on Iwo or some for F-51D's used in the Korean War.

I like the Korean War idea; not many options out there for the "Forgotten War"!

How about Col. Dean Hess's F-51D

050427-F-1234P-055.jpg

Photo from National Museum of the U.S. Air Force

I'm going to break my long and proud history of lurking, and, being a P-47 fan, not look down my nose at the Mustang, at least for this post. :P

I'd really like to see a set for all of Don Blakeslee's Mustangs. He was a great leader of a great fighter group, and I've never seen his mounts represented.

Back to lurking.

-Charlie

If you are considering the B variant, how about Beantown Banshee, Bonnie B or Shillelagh from the 354th. Since this was the highest scoring unit in the ETO on the Mustang,there seems to be a severe paucity of decals (except for Ding Hoa)for this Group. I love the 8TH AF birds, but they weren't the only groups that scored well. New decal schemes for the D would also be welcome from these units.