1/32 - Spitfire Mk I

Loic

Hello guys,

Thanks a lot Tomek ;) .

Here is what I have been working on yesterday... starter kart.

It is not 100% accurate and the wheels actually come from Tamiya Kettenrad kit but that will be good enough for me.

DSC05003.jpg

DSC05004.jpg

It needs some paint now...

Hello guys,

Thanks a lot Tomek ;) .

Here is what I have been working on yesterday... starter kart.

It is not 100% accurate and the wheels actually come from Tamiya Kettenrad kit but that will be good enough for me.

DSC05003.jpg

DSC05004.jpg

It needs some paint now...

Lovely work Loic :goodjob: (I am working on one of these at the moment as well - The wheels are proving to be the most difficult part of the task!).

Cheers

Derek

Thanks Derek,

and yes, you are right, the wheels are the most difficult parts to SB.

I think I will at least drill the holes in "my" wheels but will certainly give up on the rest of the shape...

I'd be interested to see how you build yours mate.

Thanks Derek,

and yes, you are right, the wheels are the most difficult parts to SB.

I think I will at least drill the holes in "my" wheels but will certainly give up on the rest of the shape...

I'd be interested to see how you build yours mate.

I agree with you Loic...I would just remove those radial webs on your hubs, and once you have drilled them, they will certainly look the part, and as the old English aircraft industry saying goes 'They'll be close enough for a Goverment job'!:goodjob:

Cheers

Derek

(PS I have no idea how I am going to tackle my wheels yet - it looks like I may need two different wheel types. It's the tyre tread pattern that I am really struggling with at the moment :( )

Edited by Derek B

Hey Derek,

you are right and I like this saying very much by the way :speak_cool:

As far as the tyre tread is concerned, I would say that the ones I use are reasonably OK.

I would say they certainly might worth being considered as a base.

Hi!

here is the last update on the starter cart build phase.

The wheels have been detailled (they are not 100% accurate but that will do) and the final bits and pieces have also been added.

Time to start painting now...

DSC05005.jpg

DSC05006.jpg

I think today is the official end of the GB but that should not mean the end of the project so stay tuned guys!

Kev, any chance to add the pics of the plane to the "completed build" gallery? If this can wait for a couple of days, I should try to shot some better pics this weekend.

I hope you are not getting lonely here on your own my friend?

I think you should tell the truth about that furniture, come on it was full size stuff and you put it into a shrinking machine!

Absolutely marvellous! I love the deck chairs and the tea stains on the table.

Your starter cart is terrific as well.

Keep going!

Phil :clap2: :clap2:

Hi Phil,

well, it is not that I am lonely really or at least not yet ... but it is good to have some friends visiting from time to time :beer4:

I am sorry, there is no shrinking machine, I just bought those furniture from the local 1/32 scale ikea shop .... also, I too think the tea/coffee stains are one nice touch, I am happy I though about that detail :D

So, I have been doing some painting lately and here is the result. It certainly is not perfect but that will do ;)

DSC05015.jpg

DSC05017.jpg

DSC05018.jpg

I hope I will be able to start working on the base this weekend !

Edited by Loic