Ripaman

Hawker Hurricane 11c 1:24

First post goes to you and this incredible build!

Is this even modelling anymore? Or more of an engineering replica in miniature...

I'm going to be following this thread. Love your attention to detail.

Lee

Just as much prep as there is assembly.  Probably more.

Danged nice peice of construction, Richard.

Sincerely,

Mark

You got that right Mark, still got many pieces to make, my goal is to make the undercarrage go up and down with all the pieces I see in the pictures, there are three connection arms which have a swivel joint at one end and I am trying to figure out how I am going to make  :hmmm:

First post goes to you and this incredible build! 

Is this even modelling anymore? Or more of an engineering replica in miniature...

I'm going to be following this thread. Love your attention to detail.

Lee

:hi:  Lee, well it is modelling but just a tad different !! it is called  :mental:  :wacko: but it keeps the stress of daily life at bay :D

Until next update

Regards

Richard

I can't believe how long it is since I last looked in on your phenomenal Hurricane Richard .... I'm dumbfounded by your skill, always have been and it hasn't waned an ounce in the intervening time.  How's it coming along now???  I know you've taken up the HpH Catalina PBY (which is an epic kit in itself) so has the Hurri been shelved for a while??

Cheers!

Grant

Hi Grant,

Not seen you on the site very much lately my friend, well the Hurri is just parked at the moment, thought I would build out of box with PBY-5A but I strayed a bit.

Will get back to her once I finish.

Regards

Richard

Guest Peterpools

Richard

Enjoying both of your out of the box builds and I only wish mine were even remotely close.

Peter

Ah! Richard .. I'd love to see you pick up her again soon . it was glorious watching what you can do with tube brass and styrene !

Grant

Richard, hello. I've just joined the site primarily out of admiration for your work on the Hurricane. Outstanding!!! the detail at this scale is really fine. I'm in a bit of another scale and genre for the Hurricane, about to embark on a radio control version of the llC from a set of plans for the Hurricane 1A. my problem has been finding dimensional information for the basic structure around the cockpit and the centre section of the wing, housing the landing gear. I noticed in your article you were referencing plans from a source that had just such information. Can you steer me towards some references where I might find the same information. I don't need all structural details since the only visible areas are just those two I mentioned. Any direction is appreciated.

Again, fantastic work! I hope you pick it up again and provide more additional progress for this model.

Dennis Johnston

Guest Martinnfb

I just bumped to this spectacular build as I was looking for some detail pictures of IIC.

So......How is Richard doing nowadays? :)

Back to the top!

Cheers

Martin

Just stumbeled into this and spent the afternoon reading through 46 pages - WHAT a lesson in

modelling and mechanics :wub:. I hope this gets resurrected soon.......

Lothar