Hawker Hurricane 11c 1:24

Ripaman

Good evening all,

Had my summer break, or was it my Wife who said you have items to do!!!

Any way made a few things for around the house, now it is time to get back to the model room, started by machining the screwed cap which holds the braket to leg, this should be screwed but for scale I have made it so that it will press on. I will do this once I drill the holes so that I can mount the movable leg.

IMG_6314_zps009a108e.jpg[/url]

IMG_6319_zps504caa75.jpg[/url]

This picture shows it in place but not pressed all the way.

IMG_6320_zps3ac4509c.jpg[/url]

Then I started to make the outside frame work, this has alot of tubes which are made from tube and bent to square at ends, and middle so I have tried to replicate.

I got some great picture from Thomas who I am in contact with, he lives in Switzerland and he is building a 1:12 scale Hurricane, so thank you very much Thomas.

So this is what I am trying to do,

DSC01073_zps7cf9a2d2.jpg[/url]

DSC01070_zpscda68e2e.jpg[/url]

IMG_4512_zps13f912f7.jpg[/url]

DSC01028_zps74794f6e.jpg[/url]

So this is where I am now

IMG_6312_zps92ffb4ba.jpg[/url]

IMG_6321_zps262496a1.jpg[/url]

IMG_6322_zps838d5c9c.jpg[/url]

Thats it for now,

Regards

Richard

It's been a while since I commented on this thread and I think it's long over due...Brother Richard, I hate to say this out in the open but I must for the sake of other modelers...you are an Alien that MiB of Area 51 couldn't catch and you transformed into human body to hid yourself, but you, no you...you thought I/we would know and wouldn't catch up to it. The enormous amount of talent and intelligence is a dead give-away buddy. No human being can do such incredible stuff. I don't care if they can use a machine or not. So, I call NiB now...lol :D

Seriously, totally mind blowing work with those landing gears. As if you are shrinking the real stuff to fit you kit. Did you barrow the shrink ray gun from the scientist from the movie Honey I shrunk the kids?

Hi Richard,

Those are pretty amazing machining skills on display. And that cap with the brackets is a work of art within a work of art.

An inspirational thread.

Best, Jean

Hi Jean,

Had to think how to machine these pieces but once I figure it out :hmmm: it went the way i wanted, I'am lucky enough to have the equipment so it is great tthat I'am putting them to use, did buy quite a few very small milling bits which have come very handy. Thanks for looking in and your kind words.

It's been a while since I commented on this thread and I think it's long over due...Brother Richard, I hate to say this out in the open but I must for the sake of other modelers...you are an Alien that MiB of Area 51 couldn't catch and you transformed into human body to hid yourself, but you, no you...you thought I/we would know and wouldn't catch up to it. The enormous amount of talent and intelligence is a dead give-away buddy. No human being can do such incredible stuff. I don't care if they can use a machine or not. So, I call NiB now...lol :D

Seriously, totally mind blowing work with those landing gears. As if you are shrinking the real stuff to fit you kit. Did you barrow the shrink ray gun from the scientist from the movie Honey I shrunk the kids?

:rofl: Thanks Mike, I think I do get carried away eh!! as I said to Phil B you found me

Regards

images_zps3c3a80ff.jpg[/url]

Superb detailing, Richard. Could Hawker have made this aircraft more complicated? At every turn there's a frame.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks again Mark, you are right, cannot believe how many pieces go into making this plane :o must be something to do with the British :D it has taken me off and on 3 years, so I reckon it might take me another 3 years the way I'am going :whistle:

Regards

Richard

su·per·la·tive

[suh-pur-luh-tiv,]

adjective

1. of the highest kind, quality, or order; surpassing all else or others; supreme; extreme

the word needs a new definition after seeing this - it is beyond superlative

simply incredible

Peter

You say this about my work Peter, I have watched your build on the Sea Fury and I will return your kind words to you :clap2: :clap2:

Regards

Richard

This goes beyond mere modelling Richard, it is minature engineering at its very best; I applaud you :clap2:

Derek

Hi Derek, thanks very much but i follow what you do and so many other modellers on this site.

Regards

Richard

Stunning !! I have a feeling there won't be anything left of the Trumpy Hurricane once you are done :piliot:

I am beginning to feel the same Thomas but I will keep going and going, just can't stop now :wacko: :shrug:

Regards

Richard

Egads, I don't know what else to say except that it is getting harder and harder to tell the difference between your model and photos of the real machine. Brilliant!

Very nice of you to say Frank, have so many pictures and drawings I now know how the Hurri was built, will try and build as per the one on wheels as per this picture, minus the covering.

threeoutside1_zps9769beac.jpg[/url]

Just one last picture, last night made the stiffening braket which will connect to the air cylinder and glued it to the connecting arm.

IMG_6316_zpsc1b2acc0.jpg[/url]

Again thanks to everyone for lookimg in,

Regards

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Just as much prep as there is assembly.  Probably more.

Danged nice peice of construction, Richard.

Sincerely,

Mark

You got that right Mark, still got many pieces to make, my goal is to make the undercarrage go up and down with all the pieces I see in the pictures, there are three connection arms which have a swivel joint at one end and I am trying to figure out how I am going to make  :hmmm:

First post goes to you and this incredible build! 

Is this even modelling anymore? Or more of an engineering replica in miniature...

I'm going to be following this thread. Love your attention to detail.

Lee

:hi:  Lee, well it is modelling but just a tad different !! it is called  :mental:  :wacko: but it keeps the stress of daily life at bay :D

Until next update

Regards

Richard

• 6 months later...

I can't believe how long it is since I last looked in on your phenomenal Hurricane Richard .... I'm dumbfounded by your skill, always have been and it hasn't waned an ounce in the intervening time.  How's it coming along now???  I know you've taken up the HpH Catalina PBY (which is an epic kit in itself) so has the Hurri been shelved for a while??

Cheers!

Grant

Hi Grant,

Not seen you on the site very much lately my friend, well the Hurri is just parked at the moment, thought I would build out of box with PBY-5A but I strayed a bit.

Will get back to her once I finish.

Regards

Richard