Hawker Hurricane 11c 1:24

Ripaman

We don't seem to have a jaw-dropping emoticon here, so you'll just have to pretend that I've used one. That is simply spectacular. Possibly the most realistic and convincing scratch-built landing gear parts I've seen.

Kev

Id say its deserved...............

jawdrop-smiley-face.gif

:wow: I think I'll give my entire stash away, thinking of quitting. I just don't know what to say to yo any more. I can't even dream this stuff up. Rich, my friend, you are a god, a god of modeldom......Harv :o

We don't seem to have a jaw-dropping emoticon here, so you'll just have to pretend that I've used one. That is simply spectacular. Possibly the most realistic and convincing scratch-built landing gear parts I've seen.

Kev

Hi Kev, thanks for the kind words, had a nice dimesional drawing of the leg and one of the connection arms but do not have drawings of the rest so I am scaling of draings best I can.

IMG_6226_zpsbfbb0995.jpg[/url]

IMG_6225_zps02144dc3.jpg[/url]

IMG_6227_zps40f86b5e.jpg[/url]

This is what I am trying to do, found this picture off the web, hope it OK to use, if not please delete.

401_zps4a9e18ee.jpg[/url]

Goodness graciuos, Richard, I never . . . Every update is a new learning experience. Thanks a heap for sharing your work.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark, I am learning each step of the way to fiqure out how I want to make each item, and hope by sharing what I do, someone else will want to do the same.

Yikes!!!! Most impressive. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks again Bill

Intense.

Thanks alot John

Id say its deserved...............

jawdrop-smiley-face.gif

Thanks for that Brian, just trying to make as per drawings and pictures.

At every posts I am amazed . this is truly master class building at its best.

OLiver

Oliver you make me :blush: it was your build which sent me down this road, and I thank you for that.

:wow: I think I'll give my entire stash away, thinking of quitting. I just don't know what to say to yo any more. I can't even dream this stuff up. Rich, my friend, you are a god, a god of modeldom......Harv :o

Harv my friend, I'am no god :shrug: just someone who builds different, but that did make me :rofl: and dddddddddon't even think about giving your stash away or quitting !!

Thanks everyone for looking in again

Richard

God Almighty, you have a milling machine...

well that explains a lot :wub:

Hi Rich, love the machines, they do help alot.

This is a project that transcends a few different disciplines and combines them into one. Modeling,scratchbuilding,machining and artistry all rolled into one. Awesome.

J

Thanks very much Jerry, I still feel that if you have the right tools, someone to teach how to use the tools, drawings, anyone could build what I have done so far.

Nice work, but Rich you know you're gonna have to get busy soon

and start weaving the fabric for the rear fuselage.

:innocent:

:o

Wow Richard,

I am going to have to come out for a look. Just got back from Houston, spent the week there to get out of the flood ciaos here.

Hi Ron,

We will have to get together soon, has been a week eh!!

Thanks alot guys

Richard

:clap2:

Thanks D.B

Incredible work.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks again Peter, bit by bit it is coming together.

Hi Richard;

I won't say much as I am still in shock. :blink:

You DO know the war is over and we won right?

Most excellent work.

Cheers from the West Coast

-Al

Hi Al, yes war is over and we are all friends now and thanks for looking in.

Until I make the next pieces,

Regards

Richard

• 1 month later...

Hi Grant,

Long time since last Post, as always summer gets in the way of getting down to the model room :(

But having a great summer, daughter got married, had all son inlaws faimly down from Fort St John BC, they camped out at our place due to the floods in June, also had my brother and family out from England, so it was trips all over Alberta to show them all the nice parts, and also the best part was drinking lots of beer with my Bro :beer4: .

Will be back sometime in Sept once I start making parts again.

So hope everyone is having a good summer.

Regards

Richard