Hawker Hurricane 11c 1:24

Ripaman

Well guys I have been working on the tail plane for a little while, scale a drawing I had to 1:24 and using pictures I have.

Just thought I would show you were I'am right now.

Started by making the main spares out of brass tube and .003" brass shim then glued together, then made all the connecting spares out of plastic round and .005" sheet. made a jig so that I could keep straight and at this moment making all the connector plates out of .003" brass.

I will post more as I build, hope you enjoy.

IMG_5139.jpg

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5137.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

Until the next post,

Regards

Richard

That is simply amazing work Richard. I want my models to be like yours when they grow up.

Kev

Thanks again Kevin, I do attend to go over board with my models !! but I find this really relaxing, and I think your models are just bloody marvelous.

Regards

Richard

'. . . then glued together, . . .'

Wonderful, just wonderful. What are you using as an adhesive?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for looking in again.

I use UMM-USA cyanoacrylate insta-cure+ 1-3 sec, thought I was going to solder the brass together but then thought the brass shim was to thin so I did not want to ruin the shape I had made.

Regards

Richard

That's what I need to practice! Systematic and well thought through modeling. And not be discouraged by extra amount of work put in building jigs and other support devices.

Top notch modeling, Richard!

That's what I need to practice! Systematic and well thought through modeling. And not be discouraged by extra amount of work put in building jigs and other support devices.

Top notch modeling, Richard!

Hi Tomek, building a jig was the only way to go on the tail plane, had to figure out all the angles so that I could make the brackets which the spars join to.

I have not been doing to much to it since my last post, getting house ready for another winter, snowed a couple of days ago so should be back in the model room soon.

Regards

Richard

Oh wow! Very inspiring work Richard. Like Kevin says, this is what I aspire to. If I ever grow up maybe I can come close. Awesome!

Thanks Mark nice of you to say, but I haven't grown up yet either and I'am 54 today!! but all I can say is never under estimate one selve.

Regards

Richard

Finished glueing the spars to the brackets I made, then I will have to make some small backing plate brackets and add to the spar conections, nect up will be the ribs.

IMG_5140.jpg

IMG_5141.jpg

IMG_5142.jpg

IMG_5143.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

Well thats all for now.

Regards

Richard

Richard,

I think you, Pete Fleishmann and Oliver went to the same school of model making. Its time for you to leave........its not fair showing us your pure engineering skills to us mere plastic assembling mortals!

I am with Wolf, I might send you over my kits for you to finish off as well.

Well done mate, truly inspirational!

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ