Hawker Hurricane 11c 1:24

Ripaman

That is mind-bogglingly great work Richard! Such fabulous and precise scratch-building, and incredible detail too.

Kev

Hi Kevin,

Picking up these drawings I have now, I have dimensions which is what I like to build to, have had to change some pieces I had already done due to only pictures before and the sizes were out. Thanks very much for your kind words I think my mind is boggled now :wacko: but I am realy enjoying this build.

Regards

Richard

HOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How have I missed this one?

J

Hi Jerry, thanks alot for looking in again I always go Holy !!!!!!!!!! when I see what you have produced for the modellers here on this site.

Regards

Richard

Wow, I am speechless

Hi Ron I am trying to get it right hope I dont s...w it up when it comes time to paint, just wondering if I should get some primer on her or will the glue not stick???

Regards

Richard

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Wow nearly 2 months without posting, Hubert and Maru sorry for taking soooo long to reply, thanks both for your kind words.

Well my Son got married :D , and I had family over from UK which was realy nice, so we showed them around the Rocky mountains here in Alberta, so no time for modeling ( or was that what my wife says :unsure: )

Now i can get back to my Hurri build :D , my last post in June, I was about to start the Radio parts so here are some progress pictures.

Started by making the IFF and the IFF control panel with the meters, and last the impact switch which sets off an explosive charge :blowup: to prevent it falling into enemy hands.

IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5082.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

Thats all for now hope you enjoy.

Regards

Richard (Boonkers)

Richard, you are a mad man! This is right up there with the most over the top builds on this site. Thak you for sharing your enjoyment....Harv :goodjob:

Richard, you are a mad man! This is right up there with the most over the top builds on this site. Thak you for sharing your enjoyment....Harv :goodjob:

Hi Harvey,

You are not the only one who has told me that I'am a mad man :wacko: :mental: (not realy :rofl: ) yes I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this build so far, I have learnt a lot now by looking at drawings, books etc etc on how the Hurricane inside looked like and how they were built. I hope one day it will look a little bit like the pictures I have seen.

Regards

Mad man Richard

I really don't know how you do it. You went from a kit build to a scratch museum build that is just jaw dropping.

Ron

Hi Ron,

You ask how do I go from just buying a model to were I am now??? well it was not planned, it all started with the wrong engine and like a small snow ball going down a hill it has just developed into what you see now. I don't think it would ever be a museum piece but thanks for your kind words.

What I have learnt from doing this build, will help me when I start a 1:24 total scratch build of a Lancaster Bomber (once I complete this one).

Regards

Richard