AIMS Ju 188 conversion

Kagemusha

now maybe i'm just a wuss, but...

just giving you my thoughts with my "consumer head" on that's all

Worzal Gummidge is in da house! Like Jim said, vac is just another medium, like resin and etch. Squadron make a very nice vac Bf 109E canopy, maybe you should get one from Hannants for your current build... that's if you're not a wuss... :hmmm:

Worzal Gummidge is in da house! Like Jim said, vac is just another medium, like resin and etch. Squadron make a very nice vac Bf 109E canopy, maybe you should get one from Hannants for your current build... that's if you're not a wuss... :hmmm:

1280346808.jpg

innocent.gif

Stephen,

AIMS now has a new website, as John mentioned four posts up. The screenshot that I posted on December 1st was AIMS' standard home page at that time. If you couldn't find it then, perhaps your browser's cache needed clearing.

Charles Metz

Thank you again, Charles.

It is good to know that I do not need new eyeglasses. :rofl:

Stephen

no, it's the..." if i ever go near another Eduard 109 i am going to stab myself in the eye an x-acto blade because that would be less painful than building the kit" head

i am so pleased i only have one more of these in my stash

i have refrained from buying a PCM Hurricane and yet it is probably a more user-friendly build than my 109

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgggghh

BANGHEAD2.jpgBANGHEAD2.jpgBANGHEAD2.jpg

we will now return your scheduled programming...

sorry.gif

Thanks for contructive comments and don't worry about offending little old me, I may be a man of the cloth but I spent 17 years in the army so my skin is a little thick and the brian is not that far behind! Designing a clear resin canopy is precision engineering as one has to have the inside just as clear as the outside. I will see if it is possible now that I have vacform test shots to cast them into clear resin as a replacement but I do not think it will be that simple. Anyway, onwards and upwards what what

John

John,

If you can do the canopies in clear resin, I'm first in line for one of these sets! Maybe Nick is second in line ;)

Nick - I build the PCM Hurri after completing my Eduard 109, and I think it's about a toss up as to degree of difficulty. PCM Hurri is a great basis for a Hurri, but a few little things to correct, and then there is the wing root gaps to deal with :) You owe yourself a nice CyberHobby/Dragon 109E build after this 109 build Nick :)

Again, regarding vac canopies, as I mentioned before, I can't be bothered. Besides, I am an assembler, not a modeller! :)

Cheers,

Doug

Edited by DougN

Actually, its not the trimming and clear dipping that are the problem for me. I always attach my canopies before painting, and a vac is simply not robust enough to stand up to my ham-fisted assembly techniques :)

Cheers,

Doug

Vacformed clear parts definitely have their disadvantages. But I still prefer them over clear resin. I have far to many faulty resin clear parts in my resin kit collection. The 1/32 Ar 234 is just one example. John's vacs are beautifully done.

Kent

Thanks for contructive comments and don't worry about offending little old me, I may be a man of the cloth but I spent 17 years in the army so my skin is a little thick and the brian is not that far behind! Designing a clear resin canopy is precision engineering as one has to have the inside just as clear as the outside. I will see if it is possible now that I have vacform test shots to cast them into clear resin as a replacement but I do not think it will be that simple. Anyway, onwards and upwards what what

John

A scratchbuilder with 17 years in the army AND a Pastor? So there are 3 reasons now that I think you're cool. Good on ya matey.

J

I am still waiting for my CD Rom from Luft Achieve but from what people have shared with me of there Flugbuchs there does not seem to be one on the radios at the back or the ammo bins that supply the B-2 turret, either for the MG 131 or 151 cannon? Does anyone have such booklets or CDs? I am busy doing the prototype photo etch - that is to say the photoetch details that will be embedded in the model prior to casting and will hence after be resin details. I want to limit the photo etch as much as possible. I wish there where more interior photos available as it does your eyes in looking at drawings!

John,

Here is a pic of a part of the radio installation, you'll probably have seen it before.

B120Stand20Patronenzufuehrung.jpg

It comes from the site Deutsche Cockpitinstrumente.

The handbook on the Ju 88 S says that the radio installation is the same on all Ju 88 versions in production at that moment in time (1943/44) but doesn't mention the Ju 188 unfortunately. Udo Hafner sells the "Bedienungsvorschrift der Bordfunkanlage" for the princely sum of 12 Euros.

Regards,

Hans

Edited by Hans