AIMS Ju 188 conversion

Kagemusha

I want one John. I have a 5 section Ju 188 E-1 aircraft manual reprint. I can scan diagrams for you if you like.

Kent

Hi Kent

They're on the CD I've posted to John, so no worries there.

Matt

PS - definitely up for one John.

Edited by mattlow

Great that's 3! This is going to make me a rich man...not! No need for scale plans - just need as many interior shots as possible, especially any shots of the MG 151 cannon turret - or even the same set up on another aircraft.

Best wishes

John

You mean you haven't done that turret yet? ;)

Whoops...still need to send you some wonga for the wheels!

I've added a subtle hint in green below:

12-01-10%20AIMS%20home%20page.jpg

Charles Metz

Thank you, Charles.

I picked the link Kag presented but the site I got did not have this page showing.

I then clicked all the other tabs [Home] [Products] [AIMS Gallery] [Ju 88 modelling] [Links] but could not find any reference to a 1/32 Ju-188.

I also could not find the page you present here.

How did you get this page?

Anyway, I am as pleased that AIMS is planning on coming out with the 188 conversion as I was when Revell revealed the Ju-88 kit. As you know I am totally in favor of the model companies presenting us with 1/32 aircraft that have not yet been done before. I am doubly pleased when they offer the bombers.

When the Ju-88 was announced I felt sure that some of the aftermarket companies would provide us with parts to make the other versions. It appears that I was correct. :)

Happy modeling,

Stephen

Hi John,

Is that turret called Drehringlafette HD 151/2A? I have a pic of it, but again Luftfahrtachiv-Hafner sells the handbook for that one.

Cheers,

Hans

Edited by Hans

Great that's 3! This is going to make me a rich man...not! No need for scale plans - just need as many interior shots as possible, especially any shots of the MG 151 cannon turret - or even the same set up on another aircraft.

Best wishes

John

I want one :wub: Will you be including parts to make a camera equipped F-1?

Hi all,

changed website and didn't include info on Ju 188 for now but all you need to know is on this site. As for F/D versions I will leave some scratch building to yourselves if you don't mind, I have bitten off more than I can chew already! I am thinking about doing the complicated cockpit tub mould myself as getting the Mistel warhead done professionally has broke me and the sales just have not materialized. A two part mould should do it and cope with the massive undercuts in the ventral area.

Hans could you send me that pic to may normal email address and I will contact your seller as well, thanks

Best wishes

John

PS just bought CD-ROM on the HD 151 turrett and got free pdf on MG 131 turret, thanks for that greta 'heads-up' Hans.

Edited by Pastor John

John,

Just a thought - I know you said you were doing Vac to keep costs down. However, have you considered the cost of orders you might not get because that huge canopy is vac versus clear resin? Perhaps you could do two versions - one with vac canopies, another, more expensive version with resin canopies?

I for one won't purchase any kit with a vac canopy, as I never have any luck with them and cannot be bothered to try at this point. As I say, "life is too short to mess around with vac canopies" ;). However, I love the look of the Ju188, and would indeed purchase one of these conversions if it had a clear resin canopy.

Cheers,

Doug

I also could not find the page you present here.

How did you get this page?

Stephen,

AIMS now has a new website, as John mentioned four posts up. The screenshot that I posted on December 1st was AIMS' standard home page at that time. If you couldn't find it then, perhaps your browser's cache needed clearing.

Charles Metz

John,

Just a thought - I know you said you were doing Vac to keep costs down. However, have you considered the cost of orders you might not get because that huge canopy is vac versus clear resin? Perhaps you could do two versions - one with vac canopies, another, more expensive version with resin canopies?

I for one won't purchase any kit with a vac canopy, as I never have any luck with them and cannot be bothered to try at this point. As I say, "life is too short to mess around with vac canopies" ;). However, I love the look of the Ju188, and would indeed purchase one of these conversions if it had a clear resin canopy.

Cheers,

Doug

Pastor John,

fwiw, i am of the same mind set - much as i admire your work and much as i love the 188, there are just too many nice kits out there (and i don't have enough money for them) for me to go anywhere near vac

now maybe i'm just a wuss, but...

please do not take this as me putting down either your work or your enterprise in any way - that is not the intention, and i do follow the development of this project with interest

just giving you my thoughts with my "consumer head" on that's all

all the best

Nick

fwiw, i am of the same mind set - much as i admire your work and much as i love the 188, there are just too many nice kits out there (and i don't have enough money for them) for me to go anywhere near vac

now maybe i'm just a wuss, but...

Yup Nick, you are indeed a wuss. I told you that on the blower the other day :evil_laugh:

Vac is just another medium, as is resin and etch. The clarity of AIMS vac parts is superb. I've just removed the spine for the fuse of the Ju 88G-1/Mistel and just a shim of plasticard at the front edge, and the 'jobs a good un'.

To remove canopies, just fill the inside edges with blue-tack to give rigidity and don't attempt to cut through all at once. Use a sharp new blade and some dymo tape as an edge to cut alongside. Give several cuts and lightly bend the plastic and it will come away.

I can't wait to see this conversion. If the Mistel 2 is complete for then, I'll start this one immediately after.