Before the end

florin13

I've still managed to finish a model.As the topic title says, a plane near the end of his career, when the Rising Sun Empire was close to surrender. I experienced salt chipping to create the idea of very eroded.I hope I managed to give this idea. The plane belongs Kokutai 210, April 1945 approx.Dark green finish, which was heavily eroded by poor maintenance, weather, sun, dust, low adherence of paint on the famous ESD „Extra Super Duralumin”, which was built.I used the Eduard sets for interior and exterior, otherwise OOB. Hinomaru is painted.

34066994.jpg

28068979.jpg

84987352.jpg

38403826.jpg

14334839.jpg

43837872.jpg

38403826.jpg

32370825.jpg

73761173.jpg

36603083.jpg

Great chipping/pealing. You've done this to great effect :speak_cool:

I read somewhere that although the paint quality used in Japanese aircraft was poor and pealed they didn't allow the meat balls "Hinomaru" deteriorate and would fix the red pealing paint and keep the markings fresh. Something to do with national pride or maintaining the honor of the Emperor?

Don't take that as fact, I don't know if that is true or not.

True or not your build is great

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

fantastic weathering!!

one question: is that really what a Zero control column looked like?? (i genuinely don't know)

to me it looks like something from a kit 50 years ago!

thanks for sharing, and i wish you had done a build log for this, just to see how you did that weathering.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...