LSP Telford Meetup

Royboy

Hi guys, just wanted to say how great it was to meet all of you and to say thanks for all the advice and encouragement I recieved. The old noggin's a-buzzin' with ideas and I'm really looking forward to next year, might even bring something with me. I was, as usual, blown away by some of the models on display, not to mention those in the competition. Impressive and inspirational, just hope that I can come close to that standard if I manage to bring anything. Anyway, I'll stop rambling and just say Thanks for a great time. Be good and make loads. (Of models that is)

Hi Gents,

Had a great time meeting you all and learnt quite a bit as well. About what I'll leave to the imagination of the readers here! ;)

Met up with Jerry yesterday and spent the afternoon at Hendon. I believe he enjoyed himself this weekend and, should the opportunity arise, he'll come back again.

Thanks again.

Tony

(Pictured 2nd row, 3rd from right, poppy obscured by Radu's shoulder!)

YES!!! Had a wonderful time. And thanks again for guiding this lumbering old man around London plus all of the other many kindnesses. Spectacular downtown tour,even saw old Horatio.

J

Roy

Great to see you and everyone else and to put your face and name back onto your LSP name (doh!).

Let's hope we get to see more folk next year. Jerry, as I'm sure he'll relate when he gets back, had a great time - I reckon we'll get him back.

Matt

Matt!!! Buddy!! You are the best!

J

A lot of us had them, mine was on my coat but the darn thing kept falling off so I put it in my bag after a while.

The pins aren't very good, I'll ask them to consider a better option.

We'll remember to wear them for next years picture as we don't want to offend anyone.

The most important thing is that we all supported the two minutes silence and remembered them!

Roy.

Curse you man!! After tasting"Pride of London" and now,not having access to it,what is a man to do?

J

i see from Roy Sutherland's post Telford blog that there was no wifi at the convention (or it appears at his hotel)

ffs guys, are we really THAT much in the cyber stone age compared to everyone else??

if coffee bars can provide you with wifi, surely it's a given for an event like Telford?

i travel a lot to germany and there is NO WAY our teutonic friends would let this happen

just a bit embarrassing that's all, even though i wasn't even there!

Well Nick

There was certainly broadband (wired I think) at the International Hotel (though I heard it wasn't exactly blisteringly fast).

With regard to not having WiFi at the actual convention, I can't really see why you'd want it? I was there for the whole event and spent all my time chatting, browsing (real browsing not virtual), looking at built models etc. At no point did I think "must get internet access....". In fact it was rather pleasant not actually using the WWW or email for a couple of days....

Matt

obviously different viewpoint i guess

no wifi at a convention??

i'm with roy here - how can you not at least provide it?

anyway, shame i couldn't make it as i would have liked to put a face to friendly name!

happy modelling

nick

:rolleyes:

Curse you man!! After tasting"Pride of London" and now,not having access to it,what is a man to do?

J

Maybe a good incentive to get you back next year?

We've only just started old chap!

Next test will be the cider!!!!! BTW, If your still standing, is the test. :P

Great meeting you and I'm pleased you had a great time, see I told you we'd take good care of you!

Don't forget all of those suggestions, could be good. ;)

Take care, Roy.

:rolleyes:

Maybe a good incentive to get you back next year?

We've only just started old chap!

Next test will be the cider!!!!! BTW, If your still standing, is the test. :P

Great meeting you and I'm pleased you had a great time, see I told you we'd take good care of you!

Don't forget all of those suggestions, could be good. ;)

Take care, Roy.

OH,I plan a return trip. I am really hoping that the guys will follow through with the plan to put me up for a few days each so I can get around the country a little and see the sights more. The walk around London with Tony H was wonderful and I must have looked the tourist as I gazed at all of the buildings,etc in wide eyed wonder.

As far as the cider goes,better get a harness ready so's you can drag me to the recovery area as I am too heavy to carry!! LOL

J