Dragon's Dackelbauch

Troy Molitor

Can anyone tell me if the Dragon kit representing the Bf110D-1/R1 (Dackelbauch) if the ribbed fuel tank is molded into the fuselage halves or is it a separate offering you can either use or discard when building the aircraft? I'd like to build a D model 110 but I don't care to use the lower fuselage fuel tank.

The 3D Dragon CAD pictures really don't show any option of the external fuel tank being an add on.

Thanks for the advise and reply.

Troy

Thanks Chris,

I'm assuming Sprue A has the original piece to the lower wing/ fuselage section and sprue P is the external tank but if anyone else has confirmation that the original piece in this kit I'll pick up up for sure.

Thanks again.

Troy

Oh god, those instructions!!!! I still have nightmares about those

Hands down, that is the ABSOLUTE worst example of instructions every produced by mankind.

They are completely fudged up. Parts missing, complete assemblies missing, part numbers missing, wrong part numbers etc etc etc

It's really odd, too, considering Dragon's armor kits typically have some of the best instructions around.

C

I hope you are being sarcastic! Errors and forgotten parts and misleading variations are a hallmark of Dragon AFV kit instructions. I would say Tamiya has the best instructions, aircraft or AFV.

I have the Bf 110 D Dackelbauch and that was my plan from the get-go as well as the Dackelbauch was much cheaper when I purchased.

The tank is very nicely molded, but all are correct, and it is molded separately so you can leave it off if you wish.

Brian

I hope you are being sarcastic! Errors and forgotten parts and misleading variations are a hallmark of Dragon AFV kit instructions. I would say Tamiya has the best instructions, aircraft or AFV.

Sorry, I keep forgetting that sarcasm doesn't carry over into text very well.......

Yes, it was dripping with sarcasm....

C