1/35 Trumpeter Chinook

Phartycr0c

Just a quick enquiry. Does anyone know of a conversion set for the D model to an RAF HC2?. also wether there are any decals etc available?

In short and AFAIK ...NO to all of your questions! :rolleyes:

I had to source the decals myself from the spares box, and I had to totally scratchbuild all of my conversion pieces for both the exterior and the interior.

I had a lot of fun doing it, but as I currently plan to do only the one HC2 model I felt that it was well worth the time and effort to get this version into my built collection.

I won't tell you how much time it took for fear of putting you off doing one!! :BANGHEAD2:

TonyT posted in this thread over a year ago http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...&hl=Chinook with a link to a comprehensive RAF decal sheet, the link doesn't work now, might be an idea to PM him

I seem to recall that this sheet was an aspiration at the time?

Did it actually get done? :o

If so, I'd love to have it!

Roy.

Hi Roy,

Spoke to Tony. apparently having "bounced along the runway" the project came to a shuddering halt. real shame as i would certainly have a set of decs off him.

Tony?!

Yep, that's what I thought. :blush:

I've kept my ear to the ground for some decals for the Chinook for ages, sorry to hear that the project didn't make it though.

Maybe some other enterprising soul will take a gamble on it one day? ;)

Cheers, Roy.

Mia Culpa I'm afraid...

Tony did a great job with creating some bitmap images for decals - I failed on converting them to vector format and producing decal ready artwork (actually - quite a big job)...

I *will* pick up conversation with Tony and, if he's still interested, we'll kick off again...

Iain

Mia Culpa I'm afraid...

Tony did a great job with creating some bitmap images for decals - I failed on converting them to vector format and producing decal ready artwork (actually - quite a big job)...

I *will* pick up conversation with Tony and, if he's still interested, we'll kick off again...

Iain

Being a super top man, Iain does NOT fail in his endeavours!

Go forth oh braveheart and do your stuff!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Then I can finish off my helo properly, Ay thangyoo!!!!!! :blush:

Roy.

been away from modelling for 15 years - glad to see so many of the kits I wished would be released, have been released!

I made several Vietnam era Hueys and Loaches back in the day, and will definitley look into a Chinook....I'm thinking of a nice sandbagged revetment at Khe Sahn with a Chinook in it.....or maybe even a crashed one!

• 6 years later...