My first 1/32

Akondo

117_zpsfe330438.jpg

A little rescribing on the front, under nose section. Did alot of research on the correct panel lines for a 109K4. I also discovered in my research that the tanks in the nose are incorrect for a 109K in the Hasagawa kit.

untitled-3_zpsbdc49275.jpg

Here is a shot of the electric motor at home.

118_zps393b5354.jpg

119_zpscdb558ac.jpg

I'm using dodgem37's drop tank build as a guide for my attempt. I was going to use MDCs resin replacement ,but decided to try my hand at working the kit piece into shape.

120_zps964c1b44.jpg

Here I have assembled the halves. I'm going to carefully replace the ribbing detail I sanded off. I used a small bit to add the attachment point detail.

124_zps77c4a029.jpg

I drilled a hole into the top of each attachment point and put platic rod into the tank. The MDC resin piece was then modified to take the kit piece.

125_zpsc4c241f6.jpg

In some photos the drop tanks have a drain plug and some do not. My thinking is that maybe when the tanks are new they do not have the drain plug fitting.

I wish i owned the circle, hex punch tool.I went about making the hex nut a little unorthodox.

121_zps1a664410.jpg

A little heat

122_zpscf9354dd.jpg

Some plastic

123_zpsbf0b9479.jpg

Finished. Drain plug nut.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure why but I'm unable to add new pictures by clicking on the image icon.

Can you describe what happens when you try mate? My first suggestion would be to clear your browser's cache, as I updated the forum software a couple of weeks back, and you might need a refresh if you haven't posted an image since then.

Kev

Sorry I'm not sure what my browser cache is. But when I click the icon the screen greys a bit like it normally would for the pop up window to appear then stops.

You've just got some old cached site data in your browser that's clashing with the updated forum software, so we need to clear it out. Firstly, do a hard-refresh in your browser: while you're viewing your thread (not making or editing a post), hold down the shift key and click on the 'reload' or 'refresh' icon. (I'm assuming you're using IE here, though I can't remember what it looks like or where exactly it is in IE, but it's the button that reloads the page for you.)

If that doesn't work, we'll go to Plan B.

Kev