My first 1/32

Akondo

Awesome! Thanks for the input.

Picture085.jpg

I have continued the process of scribing and test fitting.

I filled the underbelly hatch with CA (due to the sanding and fitting) and now cannot find the correct shape template for scribing :BANGHEAD2:

Picture086.jpg

I'm going to have to come up with a custom job.

Picture087.jpg

Here is a shot of my Tail wheel area.

Picture088.jpg

A test fitting of my fuel overfill drain tube...I tried a couple of things this example is paper and white glue.

Thanks for looking

Akondo

Good work mate!

I filled the underbelly hatch with CA (due to the sanding and fitting) and now cannot find the correct shape template for scribing :BANGHEAD2:

In situations like this (which is more often than not), I fashion my own scribing templates from styrene sheet. For larger hatches and panels, the commercial templates almost never have exactly what you need. I use them to help make the shape I want on the styrene sheet (tutorial).

Kev

Picture092.jpg

Ok here is my first attempt at a home made template. It is a bit smaller width wise than what was there originally. I'll give it a day and look at it agian and decide if i like it. :deadhorse:

Picture090.jpg

moving onto the storage compartment. Here is my MDC/Eduard high breed. I still need to add seat belt anchors and the de-icing unit.

Thanks

Akondo

I've decided I didn't like the rivets/screws on the panel I scribed. They seem to large. So I have removed them and will go a little smaller I think.

Picture096.jpg

Picture098.jpg

I also have removed the MDC resin piece by the pilots compartment and went with the RB Productions Erla Kit. I thought I would give it a go...I love the detail and how well it is designed...unfortunately my skill level with photoetched parts is not very good. I will still be using some of the kit though.

Picture099.jpg

Kit piece next to the RB (with an eduard top due to my heavy hand)

Picture102.jpg

Here I am using the kit canopy and scratch building some interior details. I pre-painted with RLM66 and used testors clear cement a little at a time held in place with with some poster tac.

Picture101.jpg

Again let me say how nice both the MDC and RB Productions aftermarket kits are they are amazing works. I will be ordering a new Erla kit to have another shot at it for my next 109.

Thanks All

Akondo

Good work. I'm liking this alot.

I offer this from experience: Toward the front of the canopy your interior framing will sit below the molded on exterior framing because of the plastics' thickness. You may want to check that out.

To wit:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=29729&st=45

Page 4, Post #56

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark. I have been reading your K4 build along with Radu's to help me along, and when ever I get a little discouraged I go on over to take a look at Loic's Do-335. A truely amazing build.

Thanks again for everyones comments

Akondo

• 11 months later...

I generally dont install the pilots in the aircraft, but when I do i use paper for seat belts... after sanding off the molded in ones... then I wet the seatbelts with future... and they lay down flush neatly like fabric would

I agree kaiyudsai. The seat belts need some attention when i get ready to make the final placement. First I need to do the instrument panel, and so far I'm unhappy with my results. I'm going to give the Eduard SA color panel a try.

111_zps943315b3.jpg

So until I place that order I have moved on to the Nose Section, getting it set for the electric motor. I'm using MDC spinner collars, adding them to the kit part. I drilled out the plastic locating pin so the resin collar will slide over. I will replace the pin so alignment of the blades shouldn't be an issue.

112_zps9a8f75f7.jpg

114_zpsb921038b.jpg

115_zps9a998b35.jpg

Here I have modified the kit spinner base to except a MK 108 gun barrel from Master Model Poland.

116_zpsb337fa55.jpg