trumpy A-10

ladder4boy

I got to crawl all over an A-10 at a recent airshow and the pilot told me it was a "C" model. Got a good number of detail pics of the plane and was interested in modeling it, but i'm not up to speed on my different A-10 models and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any major airframe changes between the A-10 A that trumpy offers and a C model.. as well as a quick "what's out there" as far as any cockpit upgrades for a C model. Also, if anybody has built the kit i was wondering what it's like. I've seen some glowing reviews of it online, but i'm leery of online reviews these days.. Reviews on here are much more honest and to the point!

Thanks in advance guys!

Jerry

I got to crawl all over an A-10 at a recent airshow and the pilot told me it was a "C" model. Got a good number of detail pics of the plane and was interested in modeling it, but i'm not up to speed on my different A-10 models and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any major airframe changes between the A-10 A that trumpy offers and a C model.. as well as a quick "what's out there" as far as any cockpit upgrades for a C model. Also, if anybody has built the kit i was wondering what it's like. I've seen some glowing reviews of it online, but i'm leery of online reviews these days.. Reviews on here are much more honest and to the point!

Thanks in advance guys!

Jerry

Hi Jerry

I am certainly not an expert on A-10. I am pretty sure that there is nothing out there yet to update the Trumpy kit to C. I have not built the kit myself but what I know is that the one area which is bad and there is nothing to upgrade it with, as far as aftermarket goes, are the wheel wells.

Jozef

The main difference that can be seen is a revised Instrument Panel , it now incorporates a Multi Function Display - the rest of the changes are really internal, to allow the aircarft to use GPS Guided J series wealons JDAMS/JSOW etc - new databus/ mission computers etc

Cool! Got some pictures of the instrument panel and it's pretty simple and shouldn't be too hard to scratch as it's only a cople of screens with buttons around them.. was more concerned about any major airframe changes really. I took a TON of pictures of the wheel wells, so i should be able to scratch those as well. I'll take a look-see at texas' build and see what kind of troubles he's been having if any! Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Jerry

Glad to see someone else interrested in the big A-10 kit.....I am no expert but I have had one in the works for quite a while...

The Trumpter kit is not a true A-10A and has some bumps and widgets that belong on the later variants....The best suggestion I can make is: Do Your Research on the bird your building....

I believe Verlinden has two resin sets for it and one is a cockpit set....True Detail still has the Black Box cockpit set listed. Not sure but I thank both are A-10A cockpits....

Here is some links to my build here on LSP.... I am down to the short strokes but still have a ways to go...If you have any questions fire away and I will try to answer them...

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=19804

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...l=Trumpter+A-10

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=28191

Hope this gets you started in the right direction....

Texas :lol:

Off the top of my head

The engine fans are a bit to far forward

Eduard Laste system will be a must as the kit is a pre laste bird

BB cockpit for the "later style pit" will still need the board changes

Antenna changes.... (more of them)

That is all the comes to mind. I am sure there is more but there only so much I can recall while at work LOL.

Th

Awesome info guys.. that's why i love this site!! I don't plan on starting the kit anytime in the near future as my plate is way too full already, but i DO love that bird. I asked the pilot at the airshow "so.. what's it like to have the coolest plane out here?".. and he got a chuckle out of that. When i do start it i'll post all the pics i took.. only got a couple of the cockpit because there was a serioius line of people waiting to see it, but i managed to get a hundred or so pics of the wheel-wells, hard-points, and exterior details. hopefully you guys will find them useful!

Thanks again for all the info!

Jerry