F-4b - more pics/info

Scotsman

I thought I post some more pics of my F-4B project here , rather than Hi-jack someone elses thread.

this is one I built about 4 years ago, as I said the base model is the Tamiya F-4J, with the 2 CE B conversion sets , the Ce seamless intakes, and the B engines, CAM decals and I think a modified BB Pit ,

apologies if this has been posted before

f-4b-1.jpg

Overall View

f4b-13.jpg

Seamless intakes

f4b-8.jpg

CE Engines

f-4b-6.jpg

One of the modified areas of the kit and U/C bays

f4b-10.jpg

The somewhat inaccurate pit!

Enjoy - as I've said before , I'd Love another chance to do an B/N - they really were the prettiest of all the F-4's

Guest Peterpools

One beautiful F4 and a picture perfect build. I noticed the seamless intakes, as the kits intakes are awful. Are they the aftermarket parts or a ton of hours of filler and sanding?

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Wish I could have found them when I started my F4, but as luck would have it - no go. I wound up purchasing a set of air intake covers that fit the bill but fall far short of the look you were able to achieve. Thank you for the information.

Peter

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

thanks guys , much appreciated , and quite suprising too, since the original post is more than 5 years old..!

anyhoo.. here's a couple more..

f4b-15.jpg

f4b-4.jpg

f4b-9.jpg

Its funny looking back at this model, its one of the last I built when money was no object , CE Conversions, CE Aim-9B,s BB Pit  you name it ,I Used it..

They were happy days .. and it goes some way to explain why I buy and build about 2 models a year these days!!!!

I stand by what I said them the B's really are the best looking of all the F-4s

And thanks again

Colin